Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Weather Monday

Talked to a few locals this morning while downing a gourmet breakfast @ Waffle House. All of em were nice, some didn’t even know there was a “Big game” Monday night which led to a discussion on logistics to the game. Apparently rush hour in Houston is a nightmare equal to LA. But all of em did say they were watching the weather forecast intently for Monday. As it has the potential to get downright nasty.
I looked @ the forecast, T-storms most of the morning, and a few during game time. Are we talking tornado watch Monday night after the game?

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,277
    Generally the worst of the storm is the initial front blowing in. I believe the worst risk of severe weather/tornado is late morning early afternoon. It’ll be important to watch it day of, and watch radar for each wave of the front. You don’t want to be out walking when the front is passing over, and if it’s bad enough you also won’t want to be driving.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 7
    Tornados are about as common in Houston as they are in Miami Fort Lauderdale
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,737 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Tornados are about as common in Houston as they are in Miami

I don’t know what that means.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

Tornados are about as common in Houston as they are in Miami

I don’t know what that means.
    fixed
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,577 Standard Supporter
    Super excited to fly in through that tomorrow.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,097 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 7
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    Anybody know the elevation of Houston is?
    79 feet, but don’t confuse it with altitude
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,791
    flooding is a bigger issue than tornadoes. depending on how much rain falls houston can flood in the blink of an eye. if it’s only raining for a day though it should drain quickly
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Isn’t it indoor?
    FireCohen said:

Isn’t it indoor?

yeah but getting around can be a bitch if everything is flooded
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,277
    No flood worries as far as I can tell. Looks like raining hard most of the day, thunder storms kicking up 3pm, supposedly highest risk of severe weather at 5:30pm.

Again it’s super fluid, so keep an eye on the weather tomorrow
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,859 Swaye's Wigwam

No flood worries as far as I can tell. Looks like raining hard most of the day, thunder storms kicking up 3pm, supposedly highest risk of severe weather at 5:30pm.

Again it’s super fluid, so keep an eye on the weather tomorrow

Keep working those radars, LoneStar!
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    I was momentarily gonna say who gives a fuck about you fags that definitely doesn't favor our offense, then realized it was a dome...

But uhhhh yeah be safe I guess.... Lol
  • Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    Tomorrow is the kind of weather where none of my clients show up to court and the judges are fine with it.

And I’m dragging my longhorn wife to this, so I’m a bit more aware of how shitty the walking might be.

However, if its rippin it will be the harder rain than you’ve ever seen in Seattle. Lightning is a non issue, there are lightning rods everywhere. Be aware if they forecast large hail, that can be dangerous personally and to vehicles.

Tornado watch means almost nothing, just that there’s the ingredients forecasted for a possible storm. generally a watch is for 4-6hr period. I would expect one tomorrow.

Tornado warning means hold onto your asshole, get inside immediately and away from glass as you about to get blasted tornado or not. These usually last for 15-30 min.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Just like Fort Lauderdale.

And I’m dragging my longhorn wife to this, so I’m a bit more aware of how shitty the walking might be.

However, if its rippin it will be the harder rain than you’ve ever seen in Seattle. Lightning is a non issue, there are lightning rods everywhere. Be aware if they forecast large hail, that can be dangerous personally and to vehicles.

Tornado watch means almost nothing, just that there’s the ingredients forecasted for a possible storm. generally a watch is for 4-6hr period. I would expect one tomorrow.

Tornado warning means hold onto your asshole, get inside immediately and away from glass as you about to get blasted tornado or not. These usually last for 15-30 min.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

basically if the sky turns green follow that last paragraph