Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I couldn't see what he did to his ankle / foot. Did anyone catch it? I'm hoping it was a tweak that hurt a good amount and then calmed down big-time after the game.
  • Options
    JohnLawrenceJohnLawrence Member Posts: 15
    5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Love DJ but man, dude needs to get himself off the field at that point. Plenty of room for amputation on the sideline.
  • Options
    JohnLawrenceJohnLawrence Member Posts: 15
    5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    I don’t care if Dubs drags him off. Just get off the field somehow.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DT fell on the back of his foot while he was laying forward and pushed his toe down. I think he’s got a sprained foot and it wrenched it in the wrong direction.

Felt like Texas was trying to take out ankles and knees all game. A ton of diving low tackles.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,957
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don’t care if Dubs drags him off. Just get off the field somehow.

We need an ai image of that.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

DT fell on the back of his foot while he was laying forward and pushed his toe down. I think he’s got a sprained foot and it wrenched it in the wrong direction.

Felt like Texas was trying to take out ankles and knees all game. A ton of diving low tackles.

A couple of low tackles that twisting his legs as well.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd have to rewatch, but he came up limping after a play all the way back in the first half at some point. UW has been pushing this narrative that "his foot got stepped on," but no way. Either he was injured badly enough that even a month off didn't heal it or he freakishly reinjured the same foot in the same way in his first game back. Whatever happened to him on that last play of the drive must have been like a knife to an already tender spot that even the drugs couldn't mask.

I think that's a more serious injury that he's been playing through for something like two months now.

@bisonduck?
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I remember watching the broadcast replay of the injury play, after DJ was already down a TX player came flying in late and led with his forearm right on to Dillon's neck. - arm placed perfectly between DJ's collar pads and DJ's facemask. Wasn't an accident. Wasn't a football motion, more like an assault. Like the guy was seriously trying to break his neck, which is what Texans have always done to powerful black men. Wouldn't surprise me if his lower body injury was also caused purposefully.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I remember watching the broadcast replay of the injury play, after DJ was already down a TX player came flying in late and led with his forearm right on to Dillon's neck. - arm placed perfectly between DJ's collar pads and DJ's facemask. Wasn't an accident. Wasn't a football motion, more like an assault. Like the guy was seriously trying to break his neck, which is what Texans have always done to powerful black men. Wouldn't surprise me if his lower body injury was also caused purposefully.

#16 Michael Taafe came in late with that cheap shot. He should have been flagged for a personal foul, which would have ended the game.

I think we could all see that DJ had been favoring his foot at times during the game, including during that drive. It was hard for me to see, but the tacklers wrapped up his legs and one appeared to fall on his foot, while twisting his leg. It didn't look completely dirty but it certainly could have been purposeful. My first reaction was a reinjured foot and/or a high ankle sprain. DeBoer has stated DJ's x-rays came back negative, so no damage to the bones, but that doesn't necessarily rule out ligament strains, or tears (separations can be seen, I saw one of mine under x-ray with a piece of bone still attached to a "dangling" ligament). Anyway, I certainly hope the best for him, not only for his ability to play next week, but in general. Injuries like these can stay with you forever if they are severe enough. He may feel it again when he get's into his 50's - 60's.