Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Real Dawg taking its shot

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

IDGAF about their stats. UW needs a QB with the arm to make long throws and preferably one with some mobility. He checks both boxes. He can run but stands forever in the pocket if allowed to, keeps his eyes downfield, when he runs, and can make all kinds of throws on the move.

Where is this Browning shit coming from? Horrible comparison.

It's up to Deboer and Grubb to teach them this offense. I'd say they have a pretty good shot. The OL will take a step back next year and we're going to appreciate his mobility.

OLine could actually be a team strength next year if rosengarten comes back. Fautanu is gone and will be a tough fill.

Not sure if mele is coming back but that would be a nice problem to have.
    Agree it could still be good but I assume RR is gone. I'll be happy if I'm wrong. Either way one tackle spot is going to take a step back. Maybe two.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

IDGAF about their stats. UW needs a QB with the arm to make long throws and preferably one with some mobility. He checks both boxes. He can run but stands forever in the pocket if allowed to, keeps his eyes downfield, when he runs, and can make all kinds of throws on the move.

It's up to Deboer and Grubb to teach them this offense. I'd say they have a pretty good shot. The OL will take a step back next year and we're going to appreciate his mobility.

OLine could actually be a team strength next year if rosengarten comes back. Fautanu is gone and will be a tough fill.

I think he’s out of eligibility but not sure if that includes his Covid year or if he gets a year for injury. Pretty sure he has a redshirt so who knows.
    He probably can petition for medical red-shirt. Be nice to have him at guard next year
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Agree it could still be good but I assume RR is gone. I'll be happy if I'm wrong. Either way one tackle spot is going to take a step back. Maybe two.
    Is he in the 1st 2 rounds? If he's like a late 2nd I bet he comes back
  • Options
    Why did Curne transfer? He did not suck
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Is he in the 1st 2 rounds? If he's like a late 2nd I bet he comes back
    I don't know. I think he's been completely overlooked by the media and mostly underrated by husky fans simply because Fautanu gets most of the attention. I really don't have a clue how draftnics view him, but I think he's just as good. Unlike Fautanu he is definitely a tackle in the NFL. Good tackles get drafted higher and paid more than guards, so he could have a higher draft grade than most realize.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,375
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rosengarten is like the third highest paid Husky. So he’s not exactly hurting for NFL dollars at this point
  • Options
    TheHB said:

Rosengarten is like the third highest paid Husky. So he’s not exactly hurting for NFL dollars at this point

Do we have roster salary?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Penix is No. 17, Odunze is No. 73, and this guy is No. 97:

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I don't know what you saw but they're the same size with comprable arm strength which is nowhere close to Penix not that many have what he has.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

chuck said:

I don't know what you saw but they're the same size with comprable arm strength which is nowhere close to Penix not that many have what he has.
    I saw a mobile QB with arm strength that isn't even in the same category as Jake Browning, just like I said. It's not a Penix arm but is closer to that than to Browning.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Why did Curne transfer? He did not suck

Lost his starting role
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

RoadTrip said:

chuck said:

I saw a mobile QB with arm strength that isn't even in the same category as Jake Browning, just like I said. It's not a Penix arm but is closer to that than to Browning.
    I watched 5 minutes of highlights and not one of them was of him running. Several of them were of him looking like he was going to run only for him to make a great short pass because, as you wrote, he does a GREAT job of keeping his eyes downfield. I'd much rather him do that than get hurt during a run. I saw average arm strength but accuracy which is what Browning had. Some say it was better before his shoulder injury. I think Rogers will excel in DeBoer's system. What we saw with Penix is not normal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

That site bases the evaluations on how many followers they have on IG, Twitter ect. Relatively useless IMO
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

TheHB said:

That site bases the evaluations on how many followers they have on IG, Twitter ect. Relatively useless IMO
    Social media is one piece of it, so point taken,but there’s more to it than that:

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

TheHB said:

Social media is one piece of it, so point taken,but there’s more to it than that:

Ok yeah but short of actually making phone calls to Montlake Futures and finding info out I'm not sure you can put any stock in those numbers. If you just look at what they say it doesn't even make common sense
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

TheHB said:

Ok yeah but short of actually making phone calls to Montlake Futures and finding info out I'm not sure you can put any stock in those numbers. If you just look at what they say it doesn't even make common sense
    If you can find any information about NIL that does make common sense, lemme know.