Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New AD

Is he a retard or is there a reason Deboer hasn’t been extended yet?

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    No bag money no sign. If he can’t get players why the fuck would he stay? Smart move in my opinion. He’s forcing UW to dig deep deeper and decide if Washington is a football school.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam

why the fuck would he sign anything when he has leverage and is in the Final Four?

LIPO

seriously... just let it sit in your inbox. Two more wins from getting seven figures more per year without even asking.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Dude has pretty much a free option to wait and get higher pay. Everyone in Seattle know that we need to figure out a way to keep this guy at UW. It is just a pricing exercise at this point.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,960 Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

It makes sense for DeBoer to wait. The number can go up. It won't go down

It's also smart not to get a hundred million dollars while preparing for the playoffs. You never know how things get perceived in the locker room. Why risk it

Focus on winning now. Everything else can wait.
    It wouldn't surprise me if this was exactly what's going on. I'd 100% believe DeBoer has a deal but is sitting on it becasue he doesn't want the distraction. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a bunch of key underclassmen running to the portal. I'm guessing he's addressed any questions about his future at Washington with the team. And they'll rightly take him at his word for it.
    I assume the deal is already made as well. I don't see any reason why it should be an open topic right now. There's some fairly important work left to do.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    They used to call them distractions, and yeah, UW doesn't need any of those until Jan. 9.