Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for TBSers

Is there a limit to portal entries?

It seems like if it was limited to 3-5 per year, it might help the sport. Slightly.

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,950
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No limit. It’d be tough to limit… I think a more realistic option would be to make them sit a yr if they transfer a second time unless they are a grad transfer. Might help, slightly. 😉
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It seems like if it was limited to 3-5 per year, it might help the sport. Slightly.

I don't think there's a limit. Didn't Colorado replace like 2/3 of their roster from the portal?

I think it's in the interest of good programs to only need 3-4 portal players per year and that's why HS recruiting still matters. I'm not in favor of limiting it though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I don't think there's a limit. Didn't Colorado replace like 2/3 of their roster from the portal?

I think it's in the interest of good programs to only need 3-4 portal players per year and that's why HS recruiting still matters. I'm not in favor of limiting it though.
    We need 10.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

No limit. It’d be tough to limit… I think a more realistic option would be to make them sit a yr if they transfer a second time unless they are a grad transfer. Might help, slightly. 😉

that seems like a good compromise
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At some point in all the portal business you’ve got to start playing the guys you’ve recruited and are developing or you’ll get knocked as unable or unwilling to give your own guys a chance. The Parker brothers need to contribute. Elineus Davis needs to be in the rotation. Dunn should be playing next year unless Morrell has been unable to mold him into a B1G level safety. One or two of last years receivers should be in the rotation. Is Boston a practice warrior or can he go out and make plays when it matters? Young HS recruits need to see you playing recruited players eventually or you’re gonna get knocked for only plugging and playing transfers. Slippery slope, I’m glad I don’t manage the roster.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

At some point in all the portal business you’ve got to start playing the guys you’ve recruited and are developing or you’ll get knocked as unable or unwilling to give your own guys a chance. The Parker brothers need to contribute. Elineus Davis needs to be in the rotation. Dunn should be playing next year unless Morrell has been unable to mold him into a B1G level safety. One or two of last years receivers should be in the rotation. Is Boston a practice warrior or can he go out and make plays when it matters? Young HS recruits need to see you playing recruited players eventually or you’re gonna get knocked for only plugging and playing transfers. Slippery slope, I’m glad I don’t manage the roster.

This is a very good point though I feel confident the coaches will figure this out with roster management, player management, expectations with players, how to earn PT, player development, etc. Well… maybe not player development with the defensive coaches but they could prove me wrong with a number of the younger guys taking the next step.

Really fucking weird to say I trust the coaches. Might be a first but roster management is one I trust them in. I just see the transfer portal being huge this year, a strong ‘24 finish, and a huge ‘25 HS class.

Doog, doog, doog.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I think this rule is already in place. It’s what fucked over Durfee this season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think this rule is already in place. It’s what fucked over Durfee this season.
    Ohhh. Well, great idea.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,296
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There was previously a limit on the number of scholarships which could be given out in a year (25), but that was temporarily waived during Covid and permanently repealed this year.

So basically you can turn over your entire roster every year now.