Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sober Thoughts

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
Booze. Euphoria. Coming off the crud and 20 plus years of mostly frustrated fandom took the wheel Friday night. I started going to Husky games and following them in the middle Lambo years, slipped into an embarrassing coma of Puff Daddy, Jnco jeans, red Yankees hats and being doughy before falling back in love with the Huskies during the 2000 season and going to the Rose Bowl. As most of you know it's been a pretty frustrating ride since then. I went to every fucking Gilby home game. I was at Ty's opening lost in Qwest to Air Force. I watched every game in 2008 and the first game I went to after moving back to Washington was Montana. None of this feels real. 2016 was awesome before that fucking USC game then everything the Petersen era always felt off. This is different. Not only are we going to the Playoff. WE are 13-0 and playing a team we can actually beat (Bama in 2016 always felt like a coffin) coached by one of the many frauds who seemed like they were going to be an answer at one point.

Oh but the path. I think part of why I blacked out so hard on Friday was the weight of almost 10-straight games of heart attacks slipping away. Oh, and a little sponsored content empire down in Eugene trying to steal the spotlight, even after losing straight up, within a week there was this itching sensation at the back of your neck and endless chest beating about the rematch. The bullshit media and dorks who hang out on Twitter were desperately trying to crown Oregon as the supreme team not just in the Pac-12, but in college football based on beating up crap teams.

Then the time came for the rematch their fans wanted but I don't think their coaches or players necessarily wanted and everything that is wrong with football as Mario said was defeated on the field. Max Headroom QB. Defeated. Whatever is in Bucky Irving's helmet that makes it like 9 feet tall. Defeated. The WR who Duck fans love to snicker about not transferring to UW. Defeated. Hurt, and looking like an idiot for not just playing at UW.

Now it's just Washington and one of the most underrated things about college football is the break between the regular season and the bowl game. If you closed well, you get a month off to just eat, drink, and celebrate, but all also know...

Job's not done.

Plus, have you ever seen a dead body with a dick in its ass or something?

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SkipBoyd said:

Booze. Euphoria. Coming off the crud and 20 plus years of mostly frustrated fandom took the wheel Friday night. I started going to Husky games and following them in the middle Lambo years, slipped into an embarrassing coma of Puff Daddy, Jnco jeans, red Yankees hats and being doughy before falling back in love with the Huskies during the 2000 season and going to the Rose Bowl. As most of you know it's been a pretty frustrating ride since then. I went to every fucking Gilby home game. I was at Ty's opening lost in Qwest to Air Force. I watched every game in 2008 and the first game I went to after moving back to Washington was Montana. None of this feels real. 2016 was awesome before that fucking USC game then everything the Petersen era always felt off. This is different. Not only are we going to the Playoff. WE are 13-0 and playing a team we can actually beat (Bama in 2016 always felt like a coffin) coached by one of the many frauds who seemed like they were going to be an answer at one point.

Oh but the path. I think part of why I blacked out so hard on Friday was the weight of almost 10-straight games of heart attacks slipping away. Oh, and a little sponsored content empire down in Eugene trying to steal the spotlight, even after losing straight up, within a week there was this itching sensation at the back of your neck and endless chest beating about the rematch. The bullshit media and dorks who hang out on Twitter were desperately trying to crown Oregon as the supreme team not just in the Pac-12, but in college football based on beating up crap teams.

Then the time came for the rematch their fans wanted but I don't think their coaches or players necessarily wanted and everything that is wrong with football as Mario said was defeated on the field. Max Headroom QB. Defeated. Whatever is in Bucky Irving's helmet that makes it like 9 feet tall. Defeated. The WR who Duck fans love to snicker about not transferring to UW. Defeated. Hurt, and looking like an idiot for not just playing at UW.

Now it's just Washington and one of the most underrated things about college football is the break between the regular season and the bowl game. If you closed well, you get a month off to just eat, drink, and celebrate, but all also know...

Job's not done.

Chinned for Bucky Irving helmet observation!
    I’ll give @WoolleyDoog a shout out for always making seemingly small but great observations about things regarding UW and especially their opponents.

TYFYS @WoolleyDoog
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fellas… is it gay to think thoughts while sober?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,212
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

SkipBoyd said:

Job's not done.

I’ll give @WoolleyDoog a shout out for always making seemingly small but great observations about things regarding UW and especially their opponents.

TYFYS @WoolleyDoog
    He’s definitely the least Neanderthal of the two of us
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Fellas… is it gay to think thoughts while sober?

Ask @GayThoughts maybe?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

A severed penis or an attached one? Been meaning to ask.

I think @trublue would be the guy to ask. He’s the expert in this field.
    Agreed but how does me make the dead guy's penis hard? Oh...................................Nevermind.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

SkipBoyd said:

Job's not done.

TYFYS @WoolleyDoog
    He’s definitely the least Neanderthal of the two of us
    He’s very well spoken.