Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on Dillon Johnson

2»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This is where the lack of good looking women on campus hurts us. Hopefully he has a steady girl and not looking for strange.

Canada is close enough to import
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This is where the lack of good looking women on campus hurts us. Hopefully he has a steady girl and not looking for strange.

You should call in your concerns during the next radio Kalen DeBoer Show
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My RB rankings, done by the seat of my pants this very moment:

Chris Polk
    Bishop Sankey
    MMfG
    Kaufman
    Dillon
    Beno
    Greg Lewis
    Sheehee
    Louis Rankin

These are all just from my adult life and college football really started for me in 1990.

1-4 are really 1-1c. Polk is my guy though. If Johnson comes back he could easily slot in ahead of Dillon, otherwise he might land behind him.

I stayed a Rankin fan because he was pretty exciting to watch when he did find a hole. Fast dude with crazy legs.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He's Chris Polk as a runner on an elite playoff team. He's much better in the pass game. What a fucking player he is. Great evaluation by the staff.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’m pretty sure I heard in a game he’s been with his baby mama since 7th grade. Give him enough NIL money to make it worth it to stay. Can you imagine our running game with him and Cam Davis back? @priapism
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,340
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    But is he a big back?
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    FireCohen said:

DJ is almost another lineman in the backfield, no punk bitch. Dude blocks like his life depends on it

Rewatched game, Ducks had a blitz right up middle where Safety had 10 yard running start. He was flying up A gap and DJ stuck his nose in his chest. He knew was going to take a lick, but still did his job. Was awesome

Go to 4:18 mark.

https://youtu.be/11_rdPiRwo8?feature=shared
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

DJ is almost another lineman in the backfield, no punk bitch. Dude blocks like his life depends on it

Rewatched game, Ducks had a blitz right up middle where Safety had 10 yard running start. He was flying up A gap and DJ stuck his nose in his chest. He knew was going to take a lick, but still did his job. Was awesome

That's the one I remember the most. That dude got way up in the air.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FireCohen said:

I appreciate the video link, but everyone on this site already knows exactly which play you're talking about.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,061
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kids have apps for that nowadays. You can find anything, anywhere, anytime.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,061
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m pretty sure I heard in a game he’s been with his baby mama since 7th grade. Give him enough NIL money to make it worth it to stay. Can you imagine our running game with him and Cam Davis back? @priapism
    Yeah but splitting time won’t help his numbers or draft status. I’m going on record saying he gone. I’d take him back in a heartbeat, don’t twist.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

In addition to being an outstanding running back, this truly separates him from most at the position. He is a beast, he blows pass rushers the fuck up. And he's been playing nicked up for most of the season. I'm with @DerekJohnson on this. Dillon Johnson ranks #1 in my heart tied with Myles Gaskin and Napoleon Kaufman.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Yeah but splitting time won’t help his numbers or draft status. I’m going on record saying he gone. I’d take him back in a heartbeat, don’t twist.
    Right, but if he’s going to be a day 3 pick regardless, he might make more here next year than in the NFL. He doesn’t have great speed, so I can’t see him ever being drafted in the first 3-4 rounds. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes, but I hope he stays
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    DJ picks up the blocks at a high level. One of the best blocking backs, if not the best, UW has had. He should be in the league as long as he can stay healthy.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    With that being said, since I am not very tough, and Leach is glad I’m leaving, I will be entering my name into the transfer portal with the hopes of finding a more fit playing environment for me.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

In addition to being an outstanding running back, this truly separates him from most at the position. He is a beast, he blows pass rushers the fuck up. And he's been playing nicked up for most of the season. I'm with @DerekJohnson on this. Dillon Johnson ranks #1 in my heart tied with Myles Gaskin and Napoleon Kaufman.
    Gaskin will be always my #1, absolutely love that kid. was 1300 yard rushes as a freshman and always came to work. Dude carried us to some major wins. If he was on this team, holy shiet we would be lethal