Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh Millen shreds the defensive staff

Just obliterated Inge on softy’s show yesterday. The TD by the coug at half was downright unforgivable.

Said was the worst defensive call since Pat Johnson smoked Mell Miller at Husky stadium.

They put Jackson in a terrible situation. If Jackson had pushed wr inside where there was allegedly safety help according Inge the coug would cut it as an inside slant for a score.

It’s the opening segment of yesterday’s show if you want to listen in detail.

Comments

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Millen talks a lot.

I think I’ll pass …
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

Just obliterated Inge on softy’s show yesterday. The TD by the coug at half was downright unforgivable.

Said was the worst defensive call since Pat Johnson smoked Mell Miller at Husky stadium.

They put Jackson in a terrible situation. If Jackson had pushed wr inside where there was allegedly safety help according Inge the coug would cut it as an inside slant for a score.

They definitely didn't put Jackson in a position to be successful

There's really no risk of anything in front of the 1st down line at that point given the clock situation ... so no need to call a defense that put Jackson in any kind of position to be in a chase/trail position

Moreover, Jackson needed to have sideline leverage there because you want anything completed to be inbounds not to mention that's where your S help was supposed to be
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Speak in dramatic hyperbole? that’s not the Hugh I know!
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,569
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whether it's mostly coaching or poor execution by players is something I've gone back and forth on this year. Sounds like Inge didn't cover his ass (at least he's not throwing the player under the bus) and revealed it was the wrong call and in that situation you have to tell the DB if you get beat like that just interfere because a penalty isn't that bad there with what clock was remaining and WSU having no timeouts.

Similar on WSU's missed field goal it was right in front of me and me and JoE immediately went to each other that they were lucky to not getting leaping called, and I think on Hampton. So did the fucking staff never see it or did they, tell Hampton to knock it off, and then he still did it. I'm guessing Dickert and co went to the refs after the missed call and told them to watch for it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Kawasaki’s defense sucked. Those boys would fold in crunch time. These boys are far from perfect, but when it comes time for them to nut up they deliver. We are 12-0 despite grubb trying to sabotage the year. Offense has regressed and defense has improved over the year.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,948
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Moreover Jackson sucks and if he doesn’t get passed by someone next year I’m pissed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Moreover Jackson sucks and if he doesn’t get passed by someone next year I’m pissed.

It seems like Muhammad is the only CB who has any ability to have awareness for when the ball is in there air. I don't know maybe we got spoiled by watching the DBs from 2016-21.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,604
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    ZTF jumped over the line for the first kick I believe? Apparently if you are within 3 yards you can leap. You can’t have a running start outside of three yards and leap over. Very poor decision by Dom or improper coaching.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,479
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Was just thinking of the '85 OSU game
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    Other than the missed tackles, 21 points isn't bad in today's age of first to 50 wins. KJR has to fill those long segments w/ something. At least it's not airhead Ashley talking about Thanksgiving leftovers or Jim Moore and Puck-it talking about the Cougs.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Kawasaki’s defense sucked. Those boys would fold in crunch time. These boys are far from perfect, but when it comes time for them to nut up they deliver. We are 12-0 despite grubb trying to sabotage the year. Offense has regressed and defense has improved over the year.

Kwat won a conference title without an offensive touchdown, but sure.

Gonna need to see some hardware before we start bleauxing this defense. They are on the spot this week.
    Luckily for UW, Utah had similar offenses to this year’s Iowa team.

I have seen enough of Kwat’s defense. Unless he has war daddy of DT he is just ok
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

This is why, despite 12-0, the staff frustrates me. It’s clear Jackson isn’t capable of playing on an island (ILTSOAI), yet they keep putting him there and saying he failed to execute the taught technique. It could be true, but stop setting him up to fail.

Grubb gets a bit of a pass.

That said, it’s unlikely Deboer makes changes after a 12-0 team which means we’re likely to see more of this next season. If he’s “the guy,” then he tells Inge/Morrell to figure it the fuck out or hit the bricks.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Hugh’s being a bit racist here as I’m 99.9% sure it’s Morrell that calls the defense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

jecornel said:

This is why, despite 12-0, the staff frustrates me. It’s clear Jackson isn’t capable of playing on an island (ILTSOAI), yet they keep putting him there and saying he failed to execute the taught technique. It could be true, but stop setting him up to fail.

Grubb gets a bit of a pass.

That said, it’s unlikely Deboer makes changes after a 12-0 team which means we’re likely to see more of this next season. If he’s “the guy,” then he tells Inge/Morrell to figure it the fuck out or hit the bricks.
    I have to at least hope that Jackson getting put on an island has to do with pre-snap stuff from the other team. Oregon got a couple of giant plays to Franklin when he was one on one with Jackson and it's such a bad matchup I'd want them at least in the first half to just call a timeout if Jackson is set up one on one with Franklin.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It sounded to me like Inge was covering for Morrell and Jackson since it was his turn to talk to the media. The question put Inge in a bad spot because he was bus tossing someone if he put out any blame. Good on him and also good on Hugh for calling the bad play out
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,604
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Inge was the guy answering questions at Monday’s presser.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

Hugh’s being a bit racist here as I’m 99.9% sure it’s Morrell that calls the defense.
    A zebra never changes its spots.