Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

More gold from Brock

flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
Standard Supporter
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1769752/huard-why-uw-huskies-underdogs-vs-oregon/
“I mean, they look like the 49ers or the Eagles,” he said of Oregon. “They’re just a totally complete team in every phase – other than their kicker, who’s kind of a mess and missed a pretty big one against UW.”
“(Oregon quarterback) Bo Nix is at a different level. He’s seeing the game, he’s processing the game, he’s got answers at receiver, answers at running back, answers at tight end, answers at O-line. Got a lot of answers all around him,” Huard said.

Huard then pointed to “game control,” something Oregon has had more of than the Huskies in recent games.

“For the last six weeks, there has not been a lot of game control from the University of Washington, but all they’ve done is win. And for Oregon, there has been a lot of game control and all they’ve done is blow people’s doors off, including Oregon State on Friday night,” Huard said. “So not surprised to see that number (that Oregon is favored to win by) as big as it is.”
49ers or Eagles? WTF?

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Insufferable. Oregon looks great, but it’s win or stfu
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Insufferable. Oregon looks great, but it’s win or stfu

He is a sport commentator. He is paid to spout that crap. They don't pay him to stfu.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,386
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't realize Brock was in on it

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,386
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I was thinking more like Cookin Russ and the Legion of Boom Hawks, but close enough.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They look like Ohio State San Francisco out there Groz Brock!
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

I like Brock for the simple fact that he just shows how soft and fragile uw fans are.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

I like Brock for the simple fact that he just shows how soft and fragile uw fans are.

5 minutes of looking at their Live game threads tells you everything you need to know about UW fans. Oregon's rise over the last 25 years really damaged them. Their coaches all suck, Penix is a fucking pussy, and then UW pulls out the win and they're all back on the bandwagon crowing about how they are the greatest team ever.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

5 minutes of looking at their Live game threads tells you everything you need to know about UW fans. Oregon's rise over the last 25 years really damaged them. Their coaches all suck, Penix is a fucking pussy, and then UW pulls out the win and they're all back on the bandwagon crowing about how they are the greatest team ever.
    It really is golden!

A running commentary from a therapist would be highly educational.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

Reading UW game threads as an Oregon fan: loneliness redefined 🚬
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Brock is a National Treasure!

And he hasn't blocked me.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

It's funny as hell. Everyone sucks, you want everyone to be fired and after you eke out the win you go right back to blowing them for their greatness.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

It's funny as hell. Everyone sucks, you want everyone to be fired and after you eke out the win you go right back to blowing them for their greatness.
    Weird how this guy shows up just as Haie drops off.

I'm waiting for Derek to put this too rest.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

I'm trying to determine if Grubb is worth a shit or not. FTR, WS has been solid most of the year and with some openings out there I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone. He's not joined at the hip with Lanning.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

Weird how this guy shows up just as Haie drops off.

I'm waiting for Derek to put this too rest.

Okay OBK
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

31,521 posts (500 in about three weeks) plus you sift through all of those game threads. Wow. I don't even bother with that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

31,521 posts (500 in about three weeks) plus you sift through all of those game threads. Wow. I don't even bother with that.
    There's my post count bitch. I knew I'd see you today. What's my post count bitch!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Brock was wrong about one thing. Oregon is not a complete team in the kicking game so I fully expect Lanning to go for it on 4th down beyond 30 yards.

I barely trust Lewis on PATS. His range is 30 yards in. 30 being a stretch.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

Brock was wrong about one thing. Oregon is not a complete team in the kicking game so I fully expect Lanning to go for it on 4th down beyond 30 yards.

I barely trust Lewis on PATS. His range is 30 yards in. 30 being a stretch.

Oregon because of their success running the ball in 2022 against UW ran the ball too many times into an 8 man front this year. Bucky had some incredible runs and bailed them out a number of times but there were far too many runs for either no gain or for a loss. Look to what SC did to Washington Offensively for how to beat UW.