Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So We?re #3

So I’m heading home from a great holiday weekend and I get a text from a friend saying “we’re a 3” referencing the Huskies’ new rankings in the polls.

At first I chuckle at the typo, ready to shoot back something like, “yeah but in the Mountain West Conference we’d be be a solid 9” or something, but then I got to thinking about how maybe this is at the heart of why I’m not happier about our? record.

Are we? the small town hot girl that goes to Los Angeles just to discover that she’s just an LA 6?

I know our team is good, but I haven’t watched enough of the other teams from other conferences to know how we measure up.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

So I’m heading home from a great holiday weekend and I get a text from a friend saying “we’re a 3” referencing the Huskies’ new rankings in the polls.

At first I chuckle at the typo, ready to shoot back something like, “yeah but in the Mountain West Conference we’d be be a solid 9” or something, but then I got to thinking about how maybe this is at the heart of why I’m not happier about our? record.

Are we? the small town hot girl that goes to Los Angeles just to discover that she’s just an LA 6?

I know our team is good, but I haven’t watched enough of the other teams from other conferences to know how we measure up.

Thoughts?

Let’s be real. Georgia is donkey stomping either team with a month to prepare.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

Thoughts?

FSU will get lucky and end Georgia's run

The Dawgs showcase that the Pac was far tuffer than the B1G in the Rose Bowl

Free Shoes versus WA DAWG natty

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

My thoughts are the WASHINGTON Huskies are 12-0.

I hung this banner for Mrs Nacho’s bday last year. Big belly laughs ensued.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023

Thoughts?

Having watched other conferences and games I'd say this team is flawed but so is everyone.gif

Even Georgia, don't buy the ESPN hype.

Don't twist they deserve #1 but I think there's a lot more parity in the post transfer portal era especially when it comes to being able to stack depth for what will be inevitable season injuries to starters.

Going undefeated at 12-0 is extremely difficult statistically EVEN for great teams. There's just so much randomness to an entire season of football.

We? Have a shot, even if it's not the favorite one.

Superior athletes + one month of prep = Georgia donkey stomping their opponent.

You can’t look at week 13 vs. a rival that backdoored a one score game as transitive.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,260
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

Thoughts?

Having watched other conferences and games I'd say this team is flawed but so is everyone.gif

Don't twist they deserve #1 but I think there's a lot more parity in the post transfer portal era especially when it comes to being able to stack depth for what will be inevitable season injuries to starters.

Going undefeated at 12-0 is extremely difficult statistically EVEN for great teams. There's just so much randomness to an entire season of football.

You can’t look at week 13 vs. a rival that backdoored a one score game as transitive.
    Because you are an autist I'll repeat, "Don't twist they deserve #1"

They also were down to Tech, which is about as much of a rival as Wazzu and Oregon State will manage to be from the MWC in the future.

I think they'll donkey stomp FSU in the current context but that also has to do with FSU's problems.

I think anyone else and most of the 1 loss teams(including Oregon) will give them a game if GTech is capable of doing so.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So that’s why she was texting me that night
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

So that’s why she was texting me that night
    You stay away from her! 😠
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    this year, there is more parity. if our? jackass team can put together one half of decent offense performance we can play with anyone. Problem is grubb has been drinking his own koolaid and believe he is great play caller
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    bisonduck said:

Thoughts?

It's not the superior athletes advantage they once had. Upper classmen at Oregon/Washington don't leave early like they used to. They plug their rosters with legit athletes. Uga could win it sure. So could any of the top 8 teams really. Maybe not fsu given the Travis injury but before they could have.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1) Georgia when they are interested is the best team

2) Michigan is elite except in pass game. If they get ahead will run it until you stop or choke on it.

3) Oregon win they in. Think both Ohio State and Texas are right there with them, but far to much chaos would need to happen for Buckeys. I thought most scary one loss was Bama but after yesterday and Auburn's Clemsoning/Couging it reeling that idea back in.

Walk in Park for Selection Committee is Bulldogs/UM/FSU win then take winner of UW and Oregon work done.

Chaos would be if 2/3 above lost then you have 6 one loss teams for last 2 spots.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,483
    Founders Club

bisonduck said:

Thoughts?

Give me a fucking break, dude. There’s no way Half-ass U(as my UF grad uncle calls them) can beat Georgia, even with Jordan Travis. Without him, they couldn’t keep it within two scores. I think a world exists where they beat Louisville and still don’t make the playoff. If Bama wins a close one against UGA and UW and Michigan win, I could see the committee putting 12-1 two time defending champion Georgia in over undefeated FSU. I don’t think that would be right, but I could see it happening.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

Thoughts?

No.

Top 10 up to the win against Ducks. Since, top 15 if lucky.

We’re (?) getting clown stomped Friday.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

bisonduck said:

Thoughts?

Give me a fucking break, dude. There’s no way Half-ass U(as my UF grad uncle calls them) can beat Georgia, even with Jordan Travis. Without him, they couldn’t keep it within two scores. I think a world exists where they beat Louisville and still don’t make the playoff. If Bama wins a close one against UGA and UW and Michigan win, I could see the committee putting 12-1 two time defending champion Georgia in over undefeated FSU. I don’t think that would be right, but I could see it happening.
    This has been @SECDAWG’s argument.