Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Humdinger Huskies Now in a Class by Themselves

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

Of course Stalin would bring up Korean baseball in one of the most bizarre tangent. We get it you like Korean women

Hey it finally dawned on my mental peanut that I was being way too self-absorbed about posting Korean videos of all stripes to an audience that had little to no interest. During the years when the only thing keeping me attached to UW football was the fact I ran this site, I felt entitled to also post things that really interested me in order to keep me engaged, because I was disheartened with the whole state of UW football. But I don't need to do that so much anymore, for a variety of reasons. The arrival of DeBoer and departure of Jen among them.

Furthermore, the reference on the pod started with Japanese baseball before I corrected myself and realized it was Korean baseball, where flipping the bat when hitting a homer was accepted showmanship as part of the game, in contrast to the Huskies being flagged for a celebration penalty where it was considered disrespectful to the opponent or whatever. Nothing bizarre about the point at all. It was spot on, if I do say so myself.
    Some of the recommendations were not bad. Saw one show you recommended on Netflix
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club

I think the Chest term you were looking for was the "advanced metrics"

If I can find a fella that loves me as much as @HeretoBeatmyChest loved his Sagarin Rankings, I’d be a very happy woman.
    SRS, that was what I was trying to remember
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club

I’m not going to go into my feelings about the chatter on the pod about the female ref, but you have to remember that a PAC 12 ref is probably going to suck regardless of race, gender, etc.

The refs this week at the Colorado game were terrible too. One Buff fan shouted “so glad we’re leaving this shitty conference!” An Arizona fan, two rows behind him, shouted “amen, brother!”

And RE: the baseball stuff, the Japanese love the home run celebration stuff. Look at any of Shohei Ohtani’s stuff - he always throws on a samurai helmet and does crazy shit.

You say you're not going to go into your feelings about the chatter on the pod about the female ref, but in so mentioning it like that you've implied and gone into your feelings about the chatter on the pod about the female ref.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,612 Standard Supporter
    The NFL equivalent to Texas A&M is the Washington Redskins Football Team Commanders

Expect to win at the level of the teams in your division, despite no evidence in several decades of being capable of that
    Spend a ton of money on coaches, usually on ones with prior success elsewhere
    Lose more than "expected" but never be the worst team
    Fire them, pay a big buyout, then repeat the process
    Have a weird cult following despite constant failures
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,552 Swaye's Wigwam
    It never ceases to be humorous to me when I observe Boise State/Michigan State/Utah fans walking around our? stadium in awe of it like they're looking at one of the seven wonders of the world.

They traveled even better than Oregon fans did this year, so per usual every fucking bar and restaurant on the Ave was annoyingly jammed up. Hope the cuogs just mail it in for the apple cup and I can actually get a few beers at one of these places without having to show up 3 hours before fucking kickoff.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,284 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

It never ceases to be humorous to me when I observe Boise State/Michigan State/Utah fans walking around our? stadium in awe of it like they're looking at one of the seven wonders of the world.

They traveled even better than Oregon fans did this year, so per usual every fucking bar and restaurant on the Ave was annoyingly jammed up. Hope the cuogs just mail it in for the apple cup and I can actually get a few beers at one of these places without having to show up 3 hours before fucking kickoff.

I was surprised with the amount of Ute fans who caulked their wagons and made their way up. There was some possible poly family surrounding us. I'm borderline not against being dicks to these people in hopes that they stop coming thinking Seattle is a fun little trip with a possible win or some shit the way it used to be.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,284 Swaye's Wigwam

Also, Cauce hiring Dannen heartened me a lot. it signaled that woke politics are hopefully over with at the UW athletic department, and we're back to a meritocracy and trying to find the right people to win now as top priority.

I think the good news/bad news here might be that the changing TV contract landscape and the losses of the covid season is already making it so you have to play fucking hardball or you are risking going bankrupt. Plus, UW has more than paid their dues with this shit. Go after someone else.