Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Horrible News, Frens: Gifs.com appears to be in the midst of a couch sale

2»

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

One of my former positions (heh) at my brothel was record retention and making sure the madam was complying with legal requirements for the Netherlands and the state of Nevada…the girls’ latest STDs test results, how much we had to pay in hush money taxes, warranties for all the sex equipment, trade secrets…

So I know a bit about this - it never ceases to amaze me how many people don’t properly back up their data.

Let Grundle’s story be a warning!

Yes shame on me. Worse yet, it’s been on my mind for a couple years, “I should have a local & Imgur copy…” Whoops.
    It happens. Don’t beat yourself up.

Now, I’m still going through their Terms and Conditions, but I did see this note:

Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Glyphic or other generally available third-party web browsers

So I don’t know if you want keep using a script.

Maybe ping support@gifs.com to see if someone can assist if you haven’t already done so.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

One of my former positions (heh) at my brothel was record retention and making sure the madam was complying with legal requirements for the Netherlands and the state of Nevada…the girls’ latest STDs test results, how much we had to pay in hush money taxes, warranties for all the sex equipment, trade secrets…

So I know a bit about this - it never ceases to amaze me how many people don’t properly back up their data.

Yes shame on me. Worse yet, it’s been on my mind for a couple years, “I should have a local & Imgur copy…” Whoops.

Now, I’m still going through their Terms and Conditions, but I did see this note:

Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Glyphic or other generally available third-party web browsers

Maybe ping support@gifs.com to see if someone can assist if you haven’t already done so.
    I did get better results when putting a user agent into the curl request, but it’s not that a root. This what tipped me that the couch was priced last week when trying to DL my beloved Whittingham “sex?” Jif

userProjectAccountProblem The project to be billed is associated with a delinquent billing account.The billing account for the owning project is disabled in state delinquent
    edited October 2023

I did get better results when putting a user agent into the curl request, but it’s not that a root. This what tipped me that the couch was priced last week when trying to DL my beloved Whittingham “sex?” Jif

userProjectAccountProblem The project to be billed is associated with a delinquent billing account.The billing account for the owning project is disabled in state delinquent
    Yeah, I saw that error message. Crunchbase, Googling, etc. doesn’t bring up much for gifs.com or their parent, Glyphic, Inc. other then their last round of investment was in 2020. CEO/Founder doesn’t list the company prominently in his LinkedIn.

Documentation for API and their message boreds are gone.

So your instincts are probably right on.

It ded.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,926 Founders Club

Huh?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,759 Swaye's Wigwam

I forgot how much of a whiny cunt peterman could be.

Let's see if Grumble starts experiencing the gif version of Phantom Limb Syndrome.

POTD

Also, way too fucking soon

Any luck downloading this?
    https://hhimportantgifs042841.blob.core.windows.net/gifs/importantGifs.zip
    Edit: could only get 290 of 567. Just a smidge better than Jaydon's catch %

TYFYS, a good resource to have that now resides on my NAS. Sadly, strictly going by file name, none of the missing gifs.com ones are in there.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!

Mein gif didn’t gif. On brand for this thread IMO
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,759 Swaye's Wigwam
    Little white kid dab was a great celebration. Also shows pettis really likes social media but then again what kid doesn’t.

Let's see if Grumble starts experiencing the gif version of Phantom Limb Syndrome.

It’s like Sampson with his hair…gifs are the source of Grundle’s power!

It’s like Sampson with his hair…gifs are the source of Grundle’s power!
    What about grundlehairs now?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Little white kid dab was a great celebration. Also shows pettis really likes social media but then again what kid doesn’t.

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,328 Swaye's Wigwam

The Spectrum Dab.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

I ran the download script again and picked up a few more. I’ll run again in the morning and update.

Does the download script cover the important gifs thread, too?
    Only my personal bookmarks
    We were better prepared for Pearl Harbor

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/32969/important-gifs/p1

B)