Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Defense

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
Continues to make plays when needed. It might be ugly sometimes but they are like 8/8 on plays they HAD to have. Better than having a paper tiger all game that can't get off the field when you absolutely need them to.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

if this defense could tackle it would be great

Sorta a core competency for a defense, yes?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,273 Swaye's Wigwam
    They weren’t very good yesterday.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,590 Swaye's Wigwam

which is why it isn't great

you're learning
  • IslandDawgIslandDawg Member Posts: 68
    Also,why can’t they pressure the qb?
    ASU was in Penix’s face all night, and we had basically 1 sack?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

Also,why can’t they pressure the qb?
    ASU was in Penix’s face all night, and we had basically 1 sack?

Quick passes. Plus we need someone better than ZTF or #46.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm beginning to wonder if Kalen's first difficult decision is going to be the DC position. I'm not seeing the recruiting and coaching that gives me comfort that we'll find success in the Big 10. Every year Utah's Defense is a collection of barely known guys that play within their system very well. Iowa can't find offense to save it's life but that Defense is consistently stingy. Bend but don't Break isn't going to work without Penix Jr commanding the offense

This.

Couple people have mentioned strength and conditioning being an issue for the shit D as well. I’m open to firing him as well. Whatever works.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

But also the lowest hanging fruit. Any unit, no matter how untalented they are, can be good tacklers. That we are not is a giant indictment on the attention to details from our DCs.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708

I'm beginning to wonder if Kalen's first difficult decision is going to be the DC position. I'm not seeing the recruiting and coaching that gives me comfort that we'll find success in the Big 10. Every year Utah's Defense is a collection of barely known guys that play within their system very well. Iowa can't find offense to save it's life but that Defense is consistently stingy. Bend but don't Break isn't going to work without Penix Jr commanding the offense

This.

Couple people have mentioned strength and conditioning being an issue for the shit D as well. I’m open to firing him as well. Whatever works.
    S&C .....glad you mentioned this. Some of these players are 4 years into the system and they look like Freshman bodywise. Either you have tapeworms or a lack of dedication.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW linemen look fat, soft, slow and stupid.

That’s no way to go through college.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

The starting center has been out since the first week or two. We're playing a true soph, true freshman, another starter is in and out due to injury.

Their position coach is a great recruiter and evaluator of talent but has never coached a good run blocking OL that didn't have Gaskin/Ahmed behind it.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

TheHB said:

The starting center has been out since the first week or two. We're playing a true soph, true freshman, another starter is in and out due to injury.

Their position coach is a great recruiter and evaluator of talent but has never coached a good run blocking OL that didn't have Gaskin/Ahmed behind it.
    So he’s a shitty coach. Got it.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,789
    If we are bashing good recruiters but shitty coaches, I’m, I mean, Oregon’s out.