Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scoring from outside the Red Zone

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,601
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I think the most unusual thing about this team is its ability to score from outside of the red zone... I have not run a calculation on this but I'm guessing they are at the top of this metric this year ~ I've never seen a UW team with this kind of firepower and I have to think that this team ranks highly in NCAA history in this regard ~ will be very interesting to see how this plays out for the rest of the season against better competition.

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2023

Along the same lines, I’ve never seen an offense give less of a fuck about getting behind the sticks. Plenty of 2nd and 20+ or 3rd and 10+ in the past 2 seasons getting picked up with ease. Incredible to watch.

This was true last year as well.

Edit. Which is what you said.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2023
    More space there is the better for this WR room
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2023
    I don't think so. PFF tweeted today penix leads the country with 13 redzone passing tds and 4 guys have more total td then him so he can't be higher then 4th. Most of our explosive plays don't get into the endzone

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    Penix has 7 outside of the redzone TD passes this year if what @bread says regarding 13 redzone TD passes is true ~ is now 4th in total TD passes but the three guys above him have all played one more game than him... if that is true I'm guessing he leads the NCAA in outside the redzone with 7 at this point...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    This did not age well, penix is clearly hurt, hope he can recover soon - along with the legion of our other injured guys