Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Target Keona Wilhite Recaps Unofficial Visit

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

chuck said:

animate said:

jamora/kikaha was really good until his injury. robbed him of his explosiveness

Didn't he have 18.5 or 19 sacks as a senior?
    yeah, something like that ... what I was trying to say was that I was rooting for him to do well in the big league but he sustained a knee injury iirc and then was just a shell of what he could have become. He was really coming into his own.
    I wondered if you meant that but the truth is I lost track of him after UW so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the explanation.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

animate said:

chuck said:

animate said:

jamora/kikaha was really good until his injury. robbed him of his explosiveness

Didn't he have 18.5 or 19 sacks as a senior?
    yeah, something like that ... what I was trying to say was that I was rooting for him to do well in the big league but he sustained a knee injury iirc and then was just a shell of what he could have become. He was really coming into his own.
    I wondered if you meant that but the truth is I lost track of him after UW so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the explanation.
    New Orleans for a couple years, then no warning, just gone.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    From his highlights, I like Wilhite a lot. He looks like a SDE to me and has very good instincts / awareness. Rushing has the higher ceiling for the NFL but Wilhite could be the more productive college player:

https://hudl.com/profile/18534922/Keona-Wilhite

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,921
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

From his highlights, I like Wilhite a lot. He looks like a SDE to me and has very good instincts / awareness. Rushing has the higher ceiling for the NFL but Wilhite could be the more productive college player:

https://hudl.com/profile/18534922/Keona-Wilhite

Explain to me like I’m a child how one could have a higher ceiling for the nfl and the other be more productive in college.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,921
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Some kids have the talent ... but it takes time to develop physically and skill wise ... add college coaching (hopefully) and scheme plus steroids and training table and they can peak for the NFL.

Like Bralen Trice.

Some kids are maxing out in high school and can do well in college but don't have the ceiling to have the same impact in the NFL.

So, HFNY is saying that Wilhite may have a bigger impact in college ... but I think Rushing has a better frame (like 2 inches taller) and if he can max his potential may be a better NFL guy.

I always think of Scooby Wright and BBK. Very good college linebackers but could not translate that success to the NFL where everyone is bigger, stronger and faster.

TYFYS. So rushing is trice and wilhite is bbk?