Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Travels with Stalin

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

Was @sonics1993 there?

Sonics was a crypto guy, not too much into Bitcoin
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

So did you buy the timeshare or not?

Hardy har har

Which one are u?

You lied when you said you wouldn’t belabor the topic. TL, DR
    You obviously haven't been around me when I start talking about Bitcoin. I try to monitor the point where people's eyes start to glaze over or they suppress the urge to yawn
    alumni94 said:

You didn’t really sell me on Bitcoin where a Miss Universe and a rap star are the big people talking about it.

Hardy har har encore
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,294 Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

@DerekJohnson

There are some really interesting Par 3 courses out there that have tons of history. One down in that area of the world that definitely has that reputation is a place called Goat Hill. Places like that are so incredibly important to the game of golf because they give opportunities for not only casual golfers to play and not feel overwhelmed but for the youth learning how to play the game in an environment that fosters learning. Growing up I a couple of the courses that I was able to play on the semi-regular (Monroe and Kenwanda) were great places to learn/develop but are now closed. You learn by playing as much as you do taking lessons and range time. Hearing the news this week that there's another shot getting made at repurposing Jackson Park is another one that hits me hard as the Par 3 course there was a place I used to spend summers at when young with my Grandma.

You're right on both Pebble and Bandon ... I've played Spyglass Hill and Links at Spanish Bay (and Poppy Hills) in the greater Pebble area but haven't played Pebble yet. At Bandon, I've played all of the original 4 plus the Preserve Par 3 course but have yet to get back down to play Sheep Ranch.

Bitcoin is such an interesting concept to me and one that I fully admit that I don't completely understand. Having countries recognize and treat it as an indexed and supported currency can and will be huge. What I can't get past is what protections are in place to prevent from the bottom just falling out at any given time ... but on the other hand, with inflation in hand combined with what could be transpiring around the world that could be a catalyst to greater understanding and adoption.

Shoutout to Tall Chief (RIP).
    @Swaye you know tall chief? Tell your people to hurry up with the burial ceremony before @trublue comes and tries to skull fuck him.
    Tall Chief lives on forever inside those who know Him. He has placed a curse on the dairy farm that sits on His ashes.