Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tony Dungy wouldn't have taken Michael Sam

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited July 2014 in NFL Talk
Tony Dungy 'wouldn't have taken' Michael Sam ... 'things will happen'

Former Missouri linebacker, SEC Defensive Player of the Year and openly-gay human being Michael Sam was eventually drafted by the Rams, though it wasn't until the seventh round when St. Louis made history.

Had Super Bowl-winning coach, NBC analyst and noted conservative Tony Dungy been running the Rams, he "wouldn't have taken" Sam. Why? "Things will happen" apparently.

"I wouldn't have taken him,'' Dungy told the Tampa Bay Tribune. “Not because I don't believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn't want to deal with all of it.

"It's not going to be totally smooth ... things will happen."
Kinda puts the outrage junkies in a tough spot.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He is a homophobe who should never be allowed to speak in public again. In fact I think we should just kill him.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

He is a homophobe who should never be allowed to speak in public again. In fact I think we should just kill him.

Meanwhile, in the Rams (lol, 75k) locker room, things happen...
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    If Dungy gets fined 75K for this....that would be the best....ever.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dungy. Go ahead and speak your mind about a topic which doesn't have any effect on your life; work or otherwise. Continue to be in the media, reveled as a great coach and leader. An expert on living life and being a champion.

I wonder if his son, the one who committed suicide, was gay didn't feel like he would ever be accepted by his own father?
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

Dungy. Go ahead and speak your mind about a topic which doesn't have any effect on your life; work or otherwise. Continue to be in the media, reveled as a great coach and leader. An expert on living life and being a champion.

I wonder if his son, the one who committed suicide, was gay didn't feel like he would ever be accepted by his own father?

Pressing badly.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wondering, pressing. Potaytoe, Potahtoe.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The 'outrage junkies' are in the Dungy camp, hth.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,517
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Michael Sam somehow becomes the first openly gay player to win a Super Bowl, I will chuckle to myself about the irony of this statement.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

He should have to go apologize Ed Murray and Barney Frank. Then go on Ellen and cry.
    Damoan "gets it"
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2014
    TheGlove said:

Wondering, pressing. Potaytoe, Potahtoe. Potoae.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I love how society loves killing the guy for speaking what nobody wants to hear ...

Is it going to be smooth sailing for Sam in the locker room? Probably not.

Should that be the case? No ...with caveats.

Do I blame a coach for not necessarily wanting to deal with the what if situations and caveats that may arise? No.

What Dungy is saying is no different than what he might say if he was taking a player with known character issues (i.e. Pacman Jones or Michael Vick). The only difference here is that it is tied to a subject matter that is a hot button topic.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I love how society loves killing the guy for speaking what nobody wants to hear ...

Is it going to be smooth sailing for Sam in the locker room? Probably not.

Should that be the case? No ...with caveats.

Do I blame a coach for not necessarily wanting to deal with the what if situations and caveats that may arise? No.

What Dungy is saying is no different than what he might say if he was taking a player with known character issues (i.e. Pacman Jones or Michael Vick). The only difference here is that it is tied to a subject matter that is a hot button topic.

Did Kim steal you login? Seems like it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Another low tweak by Damoan
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Another low tweak by Damoan

I'm hearing you don't fly off the handle. And you call a spade a spade.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wasn't reading many outraged by what Dungy said. The few that are offended are dumbasses who are too stupid to understand what he is saying. There's nothing hateful about it. The world is almost over Michael Sam. When he gets cut, makes the practice squad, or is inactive all next season, there won't be a peep about him.
  • Options

I wasn't reading many outraged by what Dungy said. The few that are offended are dumbasses who are too stupid to understand what he is saying. There's nothing hateful about it. The world is almost over Michael Sam. When he gets cut, makes the practice squad, or is inactive all next season, there won't be a peep about him.

It is more of just a huge media blow up than anything (Shocker!), most people I know don't give a fuck about what he said... it is still annoying that some people completely miss the point.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,517
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

When he gets cut, makes the practice squad, or is inactive all next season, there won't be a peep about him.

Disagree. His courage inspires so many of us.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

ESPN nation is outraged. This thing has legs!