Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Message from a soon-to-be former Hardcore Poster.

Just received this message from a guy (who shall remain anonymous) that I've interacted with over the years on DM and HH: "Just a quick personal note to say thanks for your perspectives on UW football over the years. I haven't always agreed with you, but I've appreciated your passion for the program. I had hoped this site would be a place to have fun discussing football, but even the few promising threads ultimately devolve into insults and name calling. While I certainly don't always agree with Kim, after hanging out here for a while, he has a point: some of the shtick gets old after a while. The older I get, the more I judge activities by whether I enjoy them, and I simply don't enjoy having my intelligence questioned by a bunch of internet idiots. Perhaps I will catch you in the future at another site somewhere between DM and HH. Anyway, carry on the good fight and feel free to drop an email if you want to discuss Dawgs."

The guy that sent me this note is NO fan of kim or any of the other jerks over at DM.

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people.

I'll be the first to say that at times I've been guilty of that BS as well.

I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter.

Just a thought. Peace. Now fire away.

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    THINK and CARE
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DucksFC said:

Did DJ let you know how to contribute $$ to the site? Or are you and the mystery PM'er complaining about free beer in the middle of the store?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

Did DJ let you know how to contribute $$ to the site? Or are you and the mystery PM'er complaining about free beer in the middle of the store?
    I never said it was appropriate. Why on earth would you want to put those words in my mouth? That's extremely inappropriate. Hate it when people do that. It's the same as lying. I never said anything remotely close.

When you have a substance problem, there are laws and procedures. You guys should know that. If somebody has an issue, you can't just fire them.
    When Ryan Leaf got busted over and over again, he got ripped and laughed out by many out here. It was pretty obvious the guy had a serious problem. I think to most, it was sad, not funny.
    With Sark, I think he has a drinking problem. If he does, the incident isn't funny. If he needs help, he needs to go through the proper process, protocol,etc. Again, you can't just fire the guy if he has a substance problem. It's the same thing for most of you out here.

I always did at my office. Many friends as well. My son is a tech guy. Not unusual. half his office smokes weed on their breaks. Big time tech company as well. Friends at Microsoft who do it all the time as well.
    Not condoning it, but there's the real world out there.
    Interesting pov. The issue is, I am not sure this site isn't already the legitimate voice of Husky Football. I mean, ultimately DJ will determine where this goes, as it is his site. But, look at the content here. MUCH better than anything Roof or the tard crew at Doogfarm ever puts together.

Ramblings > Meanderings
    DFI > Thoughts from the Weekend
    Fearless Friday Forecasts > Doogfestival weekly picks
    DJ's articles with quotes from REAL Husky Legends > Boy stalking Ektard lies

Also, I am pretty sure the AD SHOULD be tuning into this site. DJ will never say how many active (once a week types) posters and lurkers we have here, but it is a ton. Sure, 10 or so dominate the conversation, but I bet you ten times that many read it all the time (HI KIM). And, perhaps most importantly, why would the AD need to monitor a site like Doogfarm? It's a rainbow circle jerk Sark is great unicorn fart land over there.

However, here, you have people like me, who used to give thousands per year to the AD, and have not gone to one game, bought one shirt, or sent one dime in donation to the AD since 2007. And look, I am not some big wallet type at all, but I still used to contribute, as much as I could afford, because Husky Football was SUPER important to me. I am not the only one here who used to contribute and no longer does. The AD should be all over this site, because it IS the target audience they are trying to woo back - Scott, if you are reading this, knock off the in game theatrics, light whoever started the Crazy larry ad campaign on fire, and get a real coaching staff, and I will begin sending my steady stream of donations again.

You are correct, the over the top nature of this site will deter a segment of the fanbase. However, sometimes mockery is the best medicine, and this stuff needs to be said. Other than Softy's FB page, and the Times comments section, where can you go to see the people who are sick and fuckign tired of losing or being mediocre? Well, here. So, if you are here, then take the good with the bad, contribute or lurk, but realize this won't be happy unicorn land until we start winning, and I will not stop posting picture of hot chicks with tats until I can replace those with a real Coach hoisting a Rose Bowl trophy.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Is this the off-season???
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @Passion where are you bitch???
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

Is this the off-season???

Well, here's the thing. For it to be unscripted and unfiltered, we must allow 99% of what transpires to remain without deleting or banning. People here can post about virtually anything they like. In 11 months I've deleted less than 10 posts.

Overall I love the jokes and barbs, but there are some things that I find juvenile, distasteful or worn out. I read some of these threads and we're hammering the same points over and over and it can get monotonous, especially if you're not getting the humor.

Recently I was concerned about the overall content of the boards. I asked a friend about it, who has many more years of message board experience than I do. He said that a football message board is always going to reflect how the season is going. And he's right. If we hadn't screwed the pooch against Stanford, and/or had beaten Oregon, do you think the tone on here would be bitter and negative? No it wouldn't. As Race Bannon said in his podcast, we would be changing our handles and doogin' it up right now.

You and I see the world very differently, and yet we both have major issues with Sark. And that's the whole point: This is an unfiltered board and it is reflecting the season and people's current thoughts.

If anybody wants to come post football topics, there are plenty people here who will discuss them. But our board isn't for everybody, especially those easily offended.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

GRUNDLE STOp

Might be tim for a patented Hardcore Husky Buddy Check
    Lets not cyber in the middle of the store fellas.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

I can't believe you are joking about this. That's some dark shit dude. I'm questioning whether I even want to post here anymore.

Don't let the door hit this Guy in the cunt on his way back to kimman.com
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Kreist

that was the very first thing I took away from "the other guy's" post. sounds like something Kim would write.

secondly, getting sand in your virginia over the internet, to the point that you're going to write a book whining about it, is a pretty high form of idiocy in my book.

just fucking leave if you lack the mental dexterity to ignore it or wade through it on the way to content you're interested in.

it's really not that fucking hard.

and swearing is an efficient means of communicating attitude and feeling. it's fucking awesome to write that something's fucking awesome.

and when a dumb fucking donkey like displacedOregondawg gets on here, bends over, and begs someone to service him, you're damn straight I'm gonna do it. if that kind of thread is too rough for someone, then they'll learn to avoid creepy threads.