Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Washington vs Tulsa Game Thread

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,160
    felt like uw slept walked through the 2nd half, however, they covered a 32.5 point spread.

good enough for me.
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 569 Standard Supporter
    We're going to play a team soon that won't let Penix make sandwiches in teh pocket
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,695 Founders Club

We're going to play a team soon that won't let Penix make sandwiches paninis in teh pocket

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,461 Swaye's Wigwam

We're going to play a team soon that won't let Penix make sandwiches in teh pocket

I thought the same thing last year and it never happened
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354

Didn't realize but the QB who got beat out by Nix at Oregon is starting for Texas Tech and he just ripped off a 50 yard run on the Ducks.

Could be a good game.

Don’t get my hopes up
    Looks like I didn't. Was a good game.

Oregon survives, just barely.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354
    UW beat Texas in Alamo Bowl...

Texas beats Alabama at Alabama...

Hm. Not sure what to make of this UW team ha
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,714

This is a moral loss

Disagree
    You like to let Tulsa set the standard. That’s what you like to do.
    UW sleep walked to a 30+ point victory

HTH
    Exactly
    So what exactly are you bitching about?
    This team has some substantial weaknesses. Defense is C-? Not great. There's still some missed tackles. No pass rush. I was willing to go along with "they were playing contain against BSU!" a little bit, but after today, no. It sucks. Martin & Trice played well together. As has been well-documented in this thread, Trice has vanished. He's played run ok at tims.

There is no credible or operable offensive run game. And I don't think it's going to come along in any meaningful way at this point.

Given that a conference championship is the goal, 4 of 5 dimensions of the team are not at that level. The passing game has to be damned near perfect. And today, it really wasn't.

Furthermore, it appears weºve got a rash (ILTCIT) injuries.

I hope DeBoor figures it out.
    The run game actually looked better. I think Nixon showed he's the guy. They played Adams who is pretty bad, but this is OOc, and I don't think we'll see him again.

DB's are not perfect but continue to make plays. Tackling is kind of bad at times but I think the scheme is sound and the players understand their roles.

Special teams are pretty good, Bernard looks like a great KOR. Need to kick better field goals obviously.

UW should be ok if they don't give up more than 30 pts.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000

This is a moral loss

Disagree

HTH
    Exactly
    This team has some substantial weaknesses. Defense is C-? Not great. There's still some missed tackles. No pass rush. I was willing to go along with "they were playing contain against BSU!" a little bit, but after today, no. It sucks. Martin & Trice played well together. As has been well-documented in this thread, Trice has vanished. He's played run ok at tims.

There is no credible or operable offensive run game. And I don't think it's going to come along in any meaningful way at this point.

Given that a conference championship is the goal, 4 of 5 dimensions of the team are not at that level. The passing game has to be damned near perfect. And today, it really wasn't.

11 carries for running backs in 3.5 quarters says he's barely trying. This staff ain't dumb, so I assume then he knows the RBs suck.
    I guess as always we suck until we ddon't.
    Basically I agree, flawed but fun team. Maybe they'll go far
    EWIWBI
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,353 Founders Club

We're going to play a team soon that won't let Penix make sandwiches paninis in teh pocket

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,353 Founders Club

This is a moral loss

Disagree

HTH
    Exactly

11 carries for running backs in 3.5 quarters says he's barely trying. This staff ain't dumb, so I assume then he knows the RBs suck.
    I guess as always we suck until we ddon't.
    Basically I agree, flawed but fun team. Maybe they'll go far
    EWIWBI
    Definitely fun
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,695 Founders Club

I'm glad someone appreciated it.

I'm glad someone appreciated it.
    It had a type of RG III aplomb
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,517 Founders Club
    haie said:

It's Saturday morning, and we haven't had even one Tulsa fan register to the site. It usually happens so that's curious.

They have fans?
    I've spotted 3 Tulsa fans here.
    There were a lot of mouthy Boise State fans last week. Then they got really quiet by the half.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,543 Founders Club

Replacing all the Giles Jackson snaps with Germie is such a massive upgrade.

Fuck. Yes.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

Does this make me a misogynist? That Pac-12 Network pregame had waaaaay too much estrogen. Its not that I'm against a woman being an announcer. But I'm against having two women and a beta male doing a pregame show. I had to mute it.

I bet you were wishing for some Beth Mowins in that moment.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,523 Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine reading this game thread after not seeing the game. Two TD loss, right?
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    WA kicked Tulsa’s ass. Oklahoma gets them this week. Interested to see the barometer between OU and WA re Tulsa.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    SECDAWG said:

WA kicked Tulsa’s ass. Oklahoma gets them this week. Interested to see the barometer between OU and WA re Tulsa.

I’m more interested to see Boise take down teams