Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t know about your station but we’re making hay! We’re a FOX station in ACC/BIG12 territory and we’re sold out for Sept already!

You’re welcome?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sucks. I'd rather have logos on the jerseys than have the game altered like this. I'm guessing we'll have both soon enough. The fans need to put way more pressure on the schools to keep the product good but damned if I think it will happen. We can't all be french
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Sucks. I'd rather have logos on the jerseys than have the game altered like this. I'm guessing we'll have both soon enough. The fans need to put way more pressure on the schools to keep the product good but damned if I think it will happen. We can't all be french

It was 5 less plays… doesn’t seem like a big difference. Game just lasted the same amount of time which sucks if you’re getting less plays.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's awful and there needs to be a groundswell this season to force a change back.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

and we will get stuck with little rainbow flags on the UW jerseys
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,053
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We need more data but early common sense says this is a net negative.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    Not positive of what the new rules are, But my understanding is that the clock doesn’t stop on 1st down until the last 2 minutes of the half?
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Who was clamoring for less football? Such a dumb fucking change.

Stopping the clock on every 1st down in the last 5 minutes of halves was always retarded. You’re more or less giving the offense 4 extra timeouts on the low end, every game.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Stopping the clock on every 1st down in the last 5 minutes of halves was always retarded. You’re more or less giving the offense 4 extra timeouts on the low end, every game.
    The clock only stopped while the chains moved. And it wasn’t just the last 5 mins of halves?

This is going to hurt Washington and teams that throw a ton and throw deep (Tennessee especially). In a game where each team gets 12+ possessions, you can survive a couple of three and outs. When possessions are reduced, three and outs are death sentences.

Someone I trust said that this will hurt TN more than any other team, so wouldn’t be surprised if it was Saban and Kirby pushing for this behind the scenes
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    ntxduck said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

The clock only stopped while the chains moved. And it wasn’t just the last 5 mins of halves?

This is going to hurt Washington and teams that throw a ton and throw deep (Tennessee especially). In a game where each team gets 12+ possessions, you can survive a couple of three and outs. When possessions are reduced, three and outs are death sentences.

Someone I trust said that this will hurt TN more than any other team, so wouldn’t be surprised if it was Saban and Kirby pushing for this behind the scenes
    The clock still stops. Even more than I thought it did. And if you can’t score on your possessions, then boo the fucking hoo.

And Lol at Nick and Kirby giving two fucks about Tenn. Hooker has left the building.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

It was 5 less plays… doesn’t seem like a big difference. Game just lasted the same amount of time which sucks if you’re getting less plays.
    First they came for my 5 plays and I said nothing
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Thanks TV networks

Was this properly adjusted for the teams and offenses playing?

This was mostly G5 teams playing, who probably aren't the best sample in running high octane offenses

Be curious to see this when comparing P5 to P5 teams
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Thanks TV networks

Was this properly adjusted for the teams and offenses playing?

This was mostly G5 teams playing, who probably aren't the best sample in running high octane offenses

Be curious to see this when comparing P5 to P5 teams
    I doubt it but I think that’s why the mention of a small sample size.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The argument for making these changes was to enhance player safety. Fewer snaps means fewer chances of injury.

The argument to overturn the rule needs to be rooted in total injuries, not how many plays were run or points were scored.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    edited August 2023
    Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

The clock still stops. Even more than I thought it did. And if you can’t score on your possessions, then boo the fucking hoo.

And Lol at Nick and Kirby giving two fucks about Tenn. Hooker has left the building.
    https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2023/03/07/nick-saban-wants-rule-change-that-offsets-high-tempo-offenses/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The argument for making these changes was to enhance player safety. Fewer snaps means fewer chances of injury.

The argument to overturn the rule needs to be rooted in total injuries, not how many plays were run or points were scored.

That arguments fucking stupid.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,281
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Fewer plays = more opportunities for upsets

Bad for us? in the regular season mostly.
    If we don’t trip on our dicks, maybe good in the postseason?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Fewer plays = more opportunities for upsets

Bad for us? in the regular season mostly.
    If we don’t trip on our dicks, maybe good in the postseason?

Why don't we just go of the preseason rankings??
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Almost 10% less. Commercial breaks will be just as long and numerous so yeah...