Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I'm at a bar

13»

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No, have never seen such a thing
    EwaDawg said:

Isnt NFL Sunday Ticket moving exclusively to YouTube?

I think YouTubeTV which is like Comcast, Direct TV or Dish in that they’re streaming but they’re simply streaming their lineup via the internet vs a coax connection.
    This.

And fuck you fuckers all sound old as race.

Live streaming has the same commercial load and content as dish/direct/cable so if you have fubo or directvnow, Hulu live, and whatever the other 2 or 3 are you’ll see the same shit as traditional tv consumers. And pay a fuck ton less… unless you have no self control and subscribe to every fucking streaming channel and then you’re just stupid.
    Way to miss the point dumbfuck

I stream DTV like I said a million fucking times. Its where I watch fucking football. Whether the Pac 9 is there or not
    I have been streaming games forever ESPECIALLY when my provider didn't have the P12 nw.

And chances are I will (watch via) stream (illegally?) at least one UW game this year. Maybe even all 12.

It may be a thing of the future but the future simply isn't today. And age doesn't even come into the equation.

My favorite streaming was when I was broke and super young. I streamed on illegal streams and the best one had a chat room function which was always like three plays ahead. The Arizona Mason Foster immaculate interception was fun. The game was hopeless late in the 4th but then chat suddenly just freaked out and went ALL CAPS and I had to wait for a good minute to see what happened.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No, have never seen such a thing

doogville said:

I can’t even imagine. Once spent an hour trying to get a Husky game on (via Pac 12 network) at a Honolulu Buffalo Wild Wings. And they had the Pac 12 network! Just no idea how to turn it on since it was a different cable package than most of their TVs used.

Can’t wait to go back and ask for them to pop on the Apple app.

This conference is dead, just swallow our pride and go dominate the Big12 dreckfest. The BIG10 ain’t walking through that door.

Bartenders and servers at sports bars almost always have no clue how to work the remote. It’s wild.

I bitched about this on the pod. I think the answer is most bartenders and servers at these places are lazy and assholes than anything. You can literally tell them the game for a local team that it's shocking isn't on already is on like ABC or Channel 4 and they'll either:

A. Get bristly and say they'll see if they can do it. The owner is a super strict about that stuff and apparently he wants a RonCo informercial for a soup maker on
    B. They say they'll do it, walk off, then 20 minutes later it hasn't happened.
    C. Be helpful but be completely incapable
    D. Just do it correctly
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 491
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Champions league soccer at lunch. I paid for the package at a hole in the wall Mexican place with the agreement I and my friends come in each Wednesday for lunch. At the end of the season we got free lunch and drinks because his place was full of euro-loving bastards snarfing nachos and corona.