Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fight breaks out on golf course

2»

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2023

The only thing that can ruin a good day of golf is having to sit through a 5+ hour 18 round because one of the groups in front of you doesn't realize they are holding everyone up. I can understand the frustration and when you combine that with a couple of younger test laced group of dudes guzzling down their Trulys this isn't really a shocker. Marshalls need to be better at doing their jobs instead of chasing after the dudes who veered 5 feet off the cart path to go around something. If you suck at golf and are constantly shanking your tee shots into the woods you can not spend 5-10 minutes looking for every ball. Take a drop and move along. Also stop fucking buying Pro V1s and stick to Kirklands, you won't have the urge to where's Waldo those things since they are like less than $2 a ball at Costco and when you suck make no difference at all from a Pro V1.

The golf industry has made a shallow commitment to speeding up slow play but has a hard time enforcing it. I'm a quick player, get my club selected, make some practice swings while waiting and then ready to go. But still, a big percentage of golfers hate ready golf and get pissed if I hit my second shot while they are dinking around with club selection. And a significant number freak out at any movement while it's their turn to hit. Like lining up your putt while they are on the other side of the cup from their ball looking at the break and they are away.
    Those players are the absolute worst. They will brag about how the break 90 consistently when they golf closer to 110. No one needs to watch you blade your 5 iron, just keep the game going. I would say the natural flow of a round typically always starts having the guy furthest back from the pin go while others walk/drive to their shots but if you are lagging sometimes you just have to ready up to get it moving.

I would say generally most days are good and I have only had a couple of times in the past year or so where the pace was mildly infuriating. People understand the pace of play and if they are slowing groups down will typically let you pass. Usually the family who are out having their annual round or the elderly golfers are the most understanding groups. It is usually the younger group of dudes who are blasted and think they are John Rahm while playing with their $2500 equipment just to triple bogey every hole (while putting bogey on their scorecards) are the problem. You get the occasional hardcore serious golfer guys who have 1000 unwritten rules that you don't know about but I try to stick to courses where they don't play at.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    B

Fuck all y'all.

Us hackers need love too.

Even it if takes 160 strokes and 4 joints to complete a round.

There's a way to do it where that golfer is welcome in my group. Just be considerate. They don't have to be good or serious to play with me. I'm neither, except when I'm hitting a shot.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Only fags play golf.
  • Options
    SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Only fags play golf.

Only fags are GOOD at golf. It takes a level of OCD/Mental illness to be really good at golf.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Only fags play golf.

Only fags are GOOD at golf. It takes a level of OCD/Mental illness to be really good at golf.

I knew there was a good reason why I've never gotten all that good with my 30 years of effort. I didn't know it was that I'm not mentally ill enough. I'm conflicted about this.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The last few times I've played a muni, I've ran into groups of 5 and even 6 holding up the entire course. On one occasion, instead of cracking the whip on the slow groups, the marshall drove up to all the groups waiting and told them to just tough it out.

Was never a problem up until about 2019.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,910
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

SFGbob said:

Only fags play golf.

You either have to be really smart or be really dumb to be good at it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2023
    Swaye said:

I love it when it is an old fashioned fight. No guns or knives.

Lefty in blue dodged while orange threw haymakers that never landed. Lefty waited, waited, waited, saw his opening and then jabbed Mr. Haymaker in the nose, which of course was his come to Jesus moment, and the fight ended.

It's all fun and games until the eyes start to water.

I belonged to this club called Coto De Caza in Orange County. Some snooty people but most were nice. I hit the perfect 3 wood on a fairway. It went about 70 yards further than I had hit one before or since with that club. 280-290 yard 3 wood, unheard of for me. There was a foursome on the green and they were putting. My ball rolled up onto the green and right through the legs of a guy addressing his ball and hit his ball. I had yelled four, they heard it but never looked up. I yell "FOUR" , the ball rolls through his legs and all we hear is "NO SHIT".

We see them on the next tee box, I approach them and apologize. The guy I had hit the ball through the legs of was Alice Cooper. Super cool guy and was a great golfer. Go figure.

Probably the coolest story ever on this shithole of a bored.
    I'm partial to your Sunday morning rant from yesteryear where you burned down your neighbor's shed
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Only fags play golf.

Who'd imagine they'd love a sport with balls in a cup?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I love it when it is an old fashioned fight. No guns or knives.

Lefty in blue dodged while orange threw haymakers that never landed. Lefty waited, waited, waited, saw his opening and then jabbed Mr. Haymaker in the nose, which of course was his come to Jesus moment, and the fight ended.

It's all fun and games until the eyes start to water.

I belonged to this club called Coto De Caza in Orange County. Some snooty people but most were nice. I hit the perfect 3 wood on a fairway. It went about 70 yards further than I had hit one before or since with that club. 280-290 yard 3 wood, unheard of for me. There was a foursome on the green and they were putting. My ball rolled up onto the green and right through the legs of a guy addressing his ball and hit his ball. I had yelled four, they heard it but never looked up. I yell "FOUR" , the ball rolls through his legs and all we hear is "NO SHIT".

We see them on the next tee box, I approach them and apologize. The guy I had hit the ball through the legs of was Alice Cooper. Super cool guy and was a great golfer. Go figure.

Probably the coolest story ever on this shithole of a bored.
    I'm partial to your Sunday morning rant from yesteryear where you burned down your neighbor's shed
    Marsupial Guernica?