Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,564
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not saying anything too negative about PSA but this kid is 6'3" 215 and looks 30 at 16. I'm getting serious Julien Simon vibes.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Not saying anything too negative about PSA but this kid is 6'3" 215 and looks 30 at 16. I'm getting serious Julien Simon vibes.

I have a little faith he could develop because Brandon Huffman hadn't already ranked him as the #1 LB in the country as a 7th grader
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,490
    Swaye's Wigwam

It appears Huffman and his role as an FSP/Heir hype man has been reeled in a bit by the someone in the 247 Sports hierarchy.

He basically had been a cheerleader ranking Gee Scott on his personal list of 5 stars in Class of 2020, then had Savell Smalls in the Top 60. OL Levi Rogers, OL Geirean Hatchett, DB Ayden Hector, RB Sam Adams, TE DJ Rogers and DE Alphonse Oywak were slotted behind Smalls.

Out of that group, only Rogers and Hatchett may end up as quality P5 caliber players.

2021 is comical with 11(!) 4-stars: Tuimoloau and moreso Egbuka have had their moments at OSU-Columbus, but it'd be pretty shocking if they end up as Top 10 NFL picks like the 247 rankings are supposed to project.

Now check out the rest of Huffman's Elite 11 from that '21 class Sam Huard (UW to Cal Poly); Owen Prentice (quit football); Julien Simon (USC to Tulsa); Clay Millen (started at QB for a lifeless CSU offense; already a better prospect than his 4-star clipboard holding brother who's gone from Oregon to Northern Arizona to UConn); Lonyatta Alexander (ASU/UW and now Idaho); Jabez Tinae (buried in the depth chart at UW); Jacob Schuster (hasn't played much at Minnesota); Josh McCarron (who's yet to see the field at Virginia); and Will Latu, that pudgy LB who was in and out of the lineup at Bethel, but whom 247 kept a 4-star and Lake signed anyway — and then the kid never made it to campus.

Not good

This is a terrible group. I wouldn't put Egbuka and Tuimoloau in the same class. I think Egbuka is a possible Top 10 pick based on play while Tuimoloau is still getting that tag mostly based of 247 rankings recognition and one game.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yeah, but his name is Zaydrius, not Julien.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Hard DISAGREE. This kid looks like he could be High School Julien Simon's oldest child.

He doesn't look anywhere near as old as Simon did.

Hell he still has the puberty mustache going.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Hard DISAGREE. This kid looks like he could be High School Julien Simon's oldest child.

He doesn't look anywhere near as old as Simon did.

Hell he still has the puberty mustache going.
    On further review it might be the receding hairline that scares you and I will admit there is Black Dylan Morris potential here.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Im all for it and dont really care about past failings tbh. The fence is gone but Im still all for giving local dudes who are highly regarded first crack.

Plenty of big dick local studs and I want them all.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,975
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Penace said:

Im all for it and dont really care about past failings tbh. The fence is gone but Im still all for giving local dudes who are highly regarded first crack.

Plenty of big dick local studs and I want them all.

We don’t need the gee Scott or julien simon’s of the world. Just get the kids you want. I have no idea if this kid is good but taking someone because they’re local is stupid if they suck.
  • Options
    doog_codpiecedoog_codpiece Member Posts: 88
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Committing tomorrow at 10:30 AM. Kinda a Duck move with a recruit before a big game, but I don’t care. Staff clearly made an all in push on this one.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,860
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

Committing tomorrow at 10:30 AM. Kinda a Duck move with a recruit before a big game, but I don’t care. Staff clearly made an all in push on this one.

Only a duck move if he commits at kickoff
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,003
    edited January 8
    Will be nice to get that Spanaway pipeline going again.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,860
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Eastern standard?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,024
    Founders Club
    edited January 8
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,024
    Founders Club
    edited January 8
    Beanies are hard.

Woof.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    When can I buy his Jersey?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,104
    Aggressive head gear in his picture. I like it.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,490
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice to see the hat on the table graphic and finally not have it be Arizona, Utah, Kansas, and Illinois again.