Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bruh, I think I stated this pretty early. My nephew, in the military, stationed in Poland at one point during this, and completely on the spectrum when it comes to weapons, tanks, artillery, you name it. Early on he was like "Russia basically just threw out their old equipment to start and will roll when they use their modern equipment." Russia truly rolls Ukraine rather easily, one might say even 34-17 without foreign aide. This would have been Oregon vs. Portland State, but in this case Portland State (Ukraine) had the refs (NATO) and NCAA (USA) on their side so the score looks closer.

You have a lot of issues in that part of the world where ethnic Russians, for multiple reasons, have not fully embraced the country they were left in. Maldova being the next best example after the Ukraine. Part of it might be due to the cultures of the countries being too similar to Russia, but surely old and likely very very small ethnic tensions probably are the biggest factors.

They lost their black sea fleet and lots of other irreplaceable strategic assets. This talking point is at least a year out of date.
    At least you are honest that it was all about killing Russians instead of pretending it was about protecting Ukrainians and saving democracy.
    Why not both?

Russia tried and failed at their main objective.

Sucks to suck
    Are you on board for another $60b?
    I'm still scanning the radar and the sky for the nuclear launch I heard was imminent
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,076
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bruh, I think I stated this pretty early. My nephew, in the military, stationed in Poland at one point during this, and completely on the spectrum when it comes to weapons, tanks, artillery, you name it. Early on he was like "Russia basically just threw out their old equipment to start and will roll when they use their modern equipment." Russia truly rolls Ukraine rather easily, one might say even 34-17 without foreign aide. This would have been Oregon vs. Portland State, but in this case Portland State (Ukraine) had the refs (NATO) and NCAA (USA) on their side so the score looks closer.

You have a lot of issues in that part of the world where ethnic Russians, for multiple reasons, have not fully embraced the country they were left in. Maldova being the next best example after the Ukraine. Part of it might be due to the cultures of the countries being too similar to Russia, but surely old and likely very very small ethnic tensions probably are the biggest factors.

They lost their black sea fleet and lots of other irreplaceable strategic assets. This talking point is at least a year out of date.
    At least you are honest that it was all about killing Russians instead of pretending it was about protecting Ukrainians and saving democracy.
    Why not both?

Sucks to suck
    I'm still scanning the radar and the sky for the nuclear launch I heard was imminent
    You can take divert the question with other posters, that's never been my argument. You said on page one, as long as it takes (which implies more money). But that was also back when you were all-in in that Ukraine could actually achieve its goals and the vaunted Spring offensive was being planned that would in all likelihood be a success .

So are you for the $60b or not?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck
    You can take divert the question with other posters, that's never been my argument. You said on page one, as long as it takes (which implies more money). But that was also back when you were all-in in that Ukraine could actually achieve its goals and the vaunted Spring offensive was being planned that would in all likelihood be a success .

I don't really care one way or the other, to be blunt
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck

Ok, so it's no longer "as long as it takes" then?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sounds like a white flag.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck

Things change. Neither army can do anything.

Hth

Cute double post trying to bait a response.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck

Hth

Looks like it worked
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck

Hth

Looks like it worked
    Yryk
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Power politics in the world is a bitch. You wanna be Bama or you wanna be Cal?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck

"A Defense Department study that proposed cutting $125 billion in administrative waste from the Pentagon budget was buried amid concerns the findings would give Congress an excuse to further slash defense spending, the Washington Post reported on Monday."

In all honesty yes, spending money on actually using obsolete/outdated hardware to kill Russians is probably the most strategic defense value that $60b is likely to gain in value. Plus, it's less money they can use on buying things to use against us? ultra maga extremists.

I can think of a lot of other places to take it out of.

If full scale defunding of the fed is on the table lmk maybe I'll change my mind. Until then, the money they already take from me could be used on worse things.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

One could say that these constant entanglements are what turns you into Cal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

That's kind of the position Russia is in regarding Ukraine no?

Our current "entanglement" in UKR could be ended tomorrow with a pen stroke if it's in our best interests.

I was against Afghanistan and Iraq 2.0 ftr.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dagestan is rioting again and Russian defense forces were lined up and shot in Armenia by the Azerbaijani sqwad. So far Russia's response has been to quietly look the other way but I'm hearing they could end this tomorrow with their best troops.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

That's kind of the position Russia is in regarding Ukraine no?

Our current "entanglement" in UKR could be ended tomorrow with a pen stroke if it's in our best interests.

I was against Afghanistan and Iraq 2.0 ftr.
    That's their business decision.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,022
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Seems Zelensky is covering up purchasing a 75 million dollar yacht or two. Who new Ukraine paid their president a huge salary!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    “Their chief advisor yesterday said they’re likely to lose this war if they lose US support. And Putin gets all of Ukraine, then what? Then where does he go?” the former admiral told reporters. “Because right then, he’s up against the eastern flank of NATO. And if you think the cost of supporting Ukraine is high now, just imagine how much higher it’s going to be. Not just in national treasure, but in American blood, if he starts going after one of our NATO allies.”
    https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/biden-u-s-troops-ukraine-cmc
    A bit more on Race's post.