Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Way Too Early 2 Deeps

QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
I can’t see lemon trio but they did this so I’ll do the same:

QB: BP Energy
D to tha M..O
RB: Dill
Cam
LT: Trouble T-Roy
Buelow
LG: Kalepo
Gaaard
C: Mele
Brailsford
RG: Hatchett
Murao
RT: Roger Roger
Wyrsch
TE: Culp
Westy
WR: Rome
Germie
WR: JMac
Taj
WR: Polk
Giles

DT: Tuli
Voi
DT: Uloomooo
Tuitele
Edge: Trice
Heims
Edge: ZTF
Smalls
LB: Eddie
Bruener
LB: Goforth
Tuputala
CB: Meesh
J Irvin
CB: Muhammad
J Green
Hsky: Esteen
Th Dixon
S: Asa
Nunley
S: Hampton
C Reed

Punter: Not necessary
K: Say your prayers 🙏

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited February 2023

D to tha M..O
    Cam
    Buelow
    Gaaard
    Brailsford
    Murao
    Wyrsch
    Westy
    Germie
    Taj
    Giles

Voi
    Tuitele
    Heims
    Smalls
    Bruener
    Tuputala
    J Irvin
    J Green
    Th Dixon
    Nunley
    C Reed

No way one of the new corners doesn’t start. I see both Presley and Reed working in with the starters during camp and transitioning to starter
    Opposite Muhammad
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam

D to tha M..O
    Cam
    Buelow
    Gaaard
    Brailsford
    Murao
    Wyrsch
    Westy
    Germie
    Taj
    Giles

Voi
    Tuitele
    Heims
    Smalls
    Bruener
    Tuputala
    J Irvin
    J Green
    Th Dixon
    Nunley
    C Reed

No way one of the new corners doesn’t start.
    This really writes itself until you get to the secondary. Lotta question marks🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    I've seen rumors posted in a few places that Tristan Dunn could see a lot of playing time next year at safety

I've seen rumors posted in a few places that Tristan Dunn could see a lot of playing time next year at safety

I knew I’d forget somebody☝️☝️
    edited February 2023
    Basically Muhammad Is the only sure thing and possibly ASA if he doesn’t have to tackle anyone consistently. The others suck until proven otherwise. All positions up for grab back there, may the best man win.
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 782
    What if we play a @Quietcowskee style 2-2-7 to truly emphasize the depth in Juice’s room?

What if we play a @Quietcowskee style 2-2-7 to truly emphasize the depth in Juice’s room?

Does Asa have any younger brothers?🤷‍♂️
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 946
    Safety is very concerning

I wouldn’t go that far. ASA is a great center fielder. A good defensive staff should be able to take advantage of that and hide his ability to close angles and make tackles.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,373 Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone else have concerns about the DTs? The roster looks like they can beat anyone until you get to the DTs and DBs but the DBs have had some additions at least. DTs have 1 legitimate force in Tuli. One inconsistent talent in Tuitele. One incredibly undersized fast guy in Voi. And one space eater converted from OL in Ale.

Bandes sucks until proven otherwise. Are the Parker bros the kind that can contribute meaningfully?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2023
    We could argue all day about the 5 DB spots and the odds of anyone getting it right would be slim. I'm hopeful someone is better than Powell outside. He's ok as a tackler but he's equally good at letting his guy catch the ball first. Hampton was disappointing last year and I'm not sure a switch to safety is the answer. I'll hope in that one though.

My picks to at least insert themselves in the depth are the JC transfer corner, outside though, and Holmes at safety. Holmes is pretty comparable to Baker as a prospect imo. I'm not really sure what they do with the husky spot....more of a slot corner or a bigger guy like they seemed to want. The slot corner seems better to me unless you have a bigger guy like Hampton who is just a terror there.

Agree about the rest writing itself. I also think the Sioux Falls transfer could make some noise at OLB and Smalls is still a likely portal candidate.
    chuck said:

We could argue all day about the 5 DB spots and the odds of anyone getting it right would be slim. I'm hopeful someone is better than Powell outside. He's ok as a tackler but he's equally good at letting his guy catch the ball first. Hampton was disappointing last year and I'm not sure a switch to safety is the answer. I'll hope in that one though.

My picks to at least insert themselves in the depth are the JC transfer corner, outside though, and Holmes at safety. Holmes is pretty comparable to Baker as a prospect imo. I'm not really sure what they do with the husky spot....more of a slot corner or a bigger guy like they seemed to want. The slot corner seems better to me unless you have a bigger guy like Hampton who is just a terror there.

Agree about the rest writing itself. I also think the Sioux Falls transfer could make some noise at OLB and Smalls is still a likely portal candidate.

Powell will be passed by more athletic and better players. If Trufant can start for Sark as a true freshman don’t think for a minute Powell will start for Deboner if he’s not the best one there which we all not is not true
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Where’s Center?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Anyone else have concerns about the DTs? The roster looks like they can beat anyone until you get to the DTs and DBs but the DBs have had some additions at least. DTs have 1 legitimate force in Tuli. One inconsistent talent in Tuitele. One incredibly undersized fast guy in Voi. And one space eater converted from OL in Ale.

Bandes sucks until proven otherwise. Are the Parker bros the kind that can contribute meaningfully?

All I have to do is look at how they performed. It's the same group. UW got run on by Oregon and UCLA, and it was missed tackles by the back 7 that caused most of the damage.
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 782
    Dill Johnson not listed in the Doogman way too early two-deeps.

Glad we? paid to travel a kid’s parents who just woodn’t fly (they just woodn’t) when the kid won’t even play.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club
    I love the idea of Gaard playing Guard. I’m expecting a Who’s on first? What’s on second? Vibe with that
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 946

I wouldn’t go that far. ASA is a great center fielder. A good defensive staff should be able to take advantage of that and hide his ability to close angles and make tackles.
    Even if you’re satisfied with Asa at one spot (big if), penciling in Hampton as the other safety is scary. Hampton is a top 10 doog legend. He’s sucked at CB, then Husky, and now onto his third position. He passes the eye test but is not fast, smart or physical.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,611 Standard Supporter

I love the idea of Gaard playing Guard. I’m expecting a Who’s on first? What’s on second? Vibe with that

I love the idea of 5 Reasons with both Gaard and Center.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club

Even if you’re satisfied with Asa at one spot (big if), penciling in Hampton as the other safety is scary. Hampton is a top 10 doog legend. He’s sucked at CB, then Husky, and now onto his third position. He passes the eye test but is not fast, smart or physical.
    I’m convinced he’s moving to LB with the depth they recruited in the secondary and the lack thereof at LB
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

Disagree. I think Hampton is big and fast, just doesn’t know how to play football and this is not much of a playmaker.