Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Austin Mack - 2024 QB, Folsom HS

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,115
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Hard pass. Fuck Folsom QBs. Been there, done that, got the Peach Bowel t shirt. ATBS, JBS

unlike browning this kid has a howitizer.
    Is he ELITE like DMO? DDY-5?
    Dennis wasn’t high on Dylan IICR
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is really good news!
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Penace said:

That in 2024 we will be relying on a 17 year old RS freshman that won't have played a meaningful down in a year and half? This is stupid. He should play his highschool season and get on campus this time next year
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How many 17 year olds have ever contributed in a college game? I'm not really a fan of this move to reclassify, but it seems like the coaches gave up on trying to get another qb in.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Penace said:

That in 2024 we will be relying on a 17 year old RS freshman that won't have played a meaningful down in a year and half? This is stupid. He should play his highschool season and get on campus this time next year
    It doesn't mean that. He will be 17, Morris will be gone, but it's dumb to assume that the 2024 commit will be the only other QB in the roster. They will have aother QB lined up to compete.

If he is the guy in 2024 it will have been helped by getting this full year in the program, not hurt. The coaching, training, film study, time to master the offense, and time to get comfortable he's gaining beat the shit out of HS ball.
    I agree he probably won't be the guy in 24 which would actually be even dumber because now he has less eligibility if he's good as an upperclassmen
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Canadawg said:

Penace said:

We won’t be. Morris will more than likely be the starter in 24. Mack will maybe start in 25 as an 19 year old RS Sophmore, with two years in the system. Unless he’s really fucking good faster than that.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Penace said:

He’s 16 now. When’s his bday? There’s about 18-19 months before the start of the ‘24 season.

I’m not as concerned about his age as I am about him not playing. There’s obviously a huge difference going from high school to P5 but it’s still another year of development in games vs a year of development in practice.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    At some point you need your high school quarterback to play in high school games.

I
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Penace said:

Its a plus because it allows you to stagger he and EJ.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

Penace said:

I do not understand how giving him an entire extra year of coaching by this staff (before we actually need him) can be a bad thing.

But then, again, I don't understand the metric system.
    He's played one season of high school football and is now going to college. Seems insane to me.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2023
    whlinder said:

JT Daniels basically was wrecked due to playing big boy football at 17.

He started immediately.
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 152
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited February 2023
    a year being Penix's shadow, a year being coached by Deboer and Grub, a year in our S&C program, a year running the scout team against our #1 defense. My only concern is will a 16 year old kid get homesick?