Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you really look at it, it was a pretty great season

MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
edited January 2023 in Duck Refuge
4 way tie for third in the league. Didn’t have to play either Pac12 team repped in CCG, beat a GOOD Oregon team (finally) on an injury fluke. Lost to probation era ASU and to UCLA who lost to everyone who was half way decent. Then finished off by beating Texas, who granted, didn’t have a lot of their best players available, in a basketball arena for their biggest bowl win in 22 years.

It’s the type of season teams like your Oregon States, your Wazzus, your Virginias, your Northwesterns, etc. dream about.

I think you’d be excited too.

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Nice board selection.

Trotting out the injury excuse two months later is beautiful though. Glad to see you’re still stuck in early November.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I like to say a season review is “Stuck in early November” that’s what I like to do.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

I like to say a season review is “Stuck in early November” that’s what I like to do.

The Seaver special 🪫
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If only the Ducks had a roster of players with iron wills and battled like @MikeSeaver
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

4 way tie for third in the league. Didn’t have to play either Pac12 team repped in CCG, beat a GOOD Oregon team (finally) on an injury fluke. Lost to probation era ASU and to UCLA who lost to everyone who was half way decent. Then finished off by beating Texas, who granted, didn’t have a lot of their best players available, in a basketball arena for their biggest bowl win in 22 years.

It’s the type of season teams like your Oregon States, your Wazzus, your Virginias, your Northwesterns, etc. dream about.

Best record and highest ranking in the league

Best season the conference has had since the 2016 playoffs
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    Ahem….UCLA beat Utah and UW who were halfway decent.

Also (and this probably doesn’t need mentioning, as it is clearly evident)….your a looser.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Highest ranking in the conference not just this year but in the past 3 years.

It's obviously not historically great but to go from 4 wins to 11 is pretty damn good.

I enjoyed it.
  • Options

Ahem….UCLA beat Utah and UW who were halfway decent.

Also (and this probably doesn’t need mentioning, as it is clearly evident)….your a looser.

Fair, you did beat the conf champion and had a season Arizona University might dream about.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Hang the banner?

Losing a playoff game isn’t a thing.

Oregon won the Rose Bowl in 2019.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2023

By what metric was 2022 UW>2019 Oregon? UW Didn’t win the conference, same overall record (UW worse losses), 2019 Oregon finished ranked higher, and Oregon won a better bowl game against a higher ranked opponent.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

By what metric was 2022 UW>2019 Oregon? UW Didn’t win the conference, same overall record (UW worse losses), 2019 Oregon finished ranked higher, and Oregon won a better bowl game against a higher ranked opponent.
    I said best season the conference had

2022 had 6 teams ranked in the AP poll, 4 teams in the Top 15 and 5 teams with 10+ wins

2019 had 2 teams in the final poll, 1 team in the Top 15, and 2 teams with 10+ wins
  • Options

Hang the banner?

I know Washington had a good season when you have to make threads/posts like this
  • Options

Hang the banner?

I know Washington had a good season when you have to make threads/posts like this
    Yeah, you had a good season based on Washington’s standards and some luck.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

I said best season the conference had

2022 had 6 teams ranked in the AP poll, 4 teams in the Top 15 and 5 teams with 10+ wins

2019 had 2 teams in the final poll, 1 team in the Top 15, and 2 teams with 10+ wins
    Those are Utahs bragging rights. Not yours.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,151
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2023
    Injury fluke

They run that piece of shit 10 times a game right up the middle. What the hell do you think is gonna happen?

Best record in the Pac 12
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

Injury fluke

They run that piece of shit 10 times a game right up the middle. What the hell do you think is gonna happen?

You would have won that game either way. Everyone knows it.
  • Options

Hang the banner?

Yeah, you had a good season based on Washington’s standards and some luck.
    We're lucky you post unprovoked offseason meltdowns here
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Injury fluke

You would have won that game either way. Everyone knows it.
    Winners win

Losers post about injuries and luck
    Winners win but you came in third (Tied) and are saying stupid shit like “Don’t forget we also lost in 2016 too.”

Losers claim titles that aren’t theirs. A habitual practice up there in Cambridge.

You’ve all convinced yourselves you won the conference this year or something.

Reckless behavior.