Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beating the trend

2»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

You only get 1 mulligan to make the playoffs, and on the west coast it better be a good one. Next year our "B" OOC game is Boise, which will help with strength of schedule as they are favorites in the MWC and have a shot at being the G5 NY6 team. Hopefully our "A" game at East Lansing ends up looking better with a bounce back season from Mel Tucker, though i'm not hopeful on that.

Need to go undefeated in OOC to have a realistic shot. @SC, @Beav, Ute and the Danimals at home. Gotta save the L for that stretch.

There is a scenario where we drop a close one to an improved MSU and then run the table. Really unlikely and we would need MSU to be a top 25 skwad and knockoff Michigan or Ohio State, as well
    We aren’t losing to Sparty. Easy win.
    UW should be favored but it won’t be an easy win. Their fans are dumb and that place will be packed in September
    UW will score a bunch points and Peyton Thorne and their offense sucks until it doesn’t. I don’t see Michigan State being too much better.
    Agree to disagree. Anyone thinking about the trip—if you’re a golfer, I definitely recommend it and spending a few days in northern MI on either side of the game. There’s some pretty nice courses in the EL area, too.
    If I golfed this would be great info.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

You only get 1 mulligan to make the playoffs, and on the west coast it better be a good one. Next year our "B" OOC game is Boise, which will help with strength of schedule as they are favorites in the MWC and have a shot at being the G5 NY6 team. Hopefully our "A" game at East Lansing ends up looking better with a bounce back season from Mel Tucker, though i'm not hopeful on that.

Need to go undefeated in OOC to have a realistic shot. @SC, @Beav, Ute and the Danimals at home. Gotta save the L for that stretch.

There is a scenario where we drop a close one to an improved MSU and then run the table. Really unlikely and we would need MSU to be a top 25 skwad and knockoff Michigan or Ohio State, as well
    I hope you’re right. I’m starting to get paranoid about any grass field though. Hope our guys are ready.
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

CatGut said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

UW should be favored but it won’t be an easy win. Their fans are dumb and that place will be packed in September
    UW will score a bunch points and Peyton Thorne and their offense sucks until it doesn’t. I don’t see Michigan State being too much better.
    Agree to disagree. Anyone thinking about the trip—if you’re a golfer, I definitely recommend it and spending a few days in northern MI on either side of the game. There’s some pretty nice courses in the EL area, too.
    I'm going to the game, I golf, but I'm taking my 6-year old son, so golf I shall not. I'm an objectively stupid person and am telling myself it'll be a great father-son bonding event rather than several hours of increasingly hysterical demands for concessions culminating in a halftime departure. Go Dawgs!
    Pro tip for your son, there’s an awesome local ice cream shop (melting moments) that sells ice cream sandwiches in Spartan stadium. Top 3 stadium food I’ve ever had.

Also tagging in @CfettersNachoLover
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,375
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

Doogles said:

I hope you’re right. I’m starting to get paranoid about any grass field though. Hope our guys are ready.
    Not just any grass field: https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2016/spartan-stadium-named-collegiate-football-field-of-the-year
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

CatGut said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

I'm going to the game, I golf, but I'm taking my 6-year old son, so golf I shall not. I'm an objectively stupid person and am telling myself it'll be a great father-son bonding event rather than several hours of increasingly hysterical demands for concessions culminating in a halftime departure. Go Dawgs!
    Pro tip for your son, there’s an awesome local ice cream shop (melting moments) that sells ice cream sandwiches in Spartan stadium. Top 3 stadium food I’ve ever had.

Also tagging in @CfettersNachoLover
    @ntxduck - Forgot to come back to this. I ended up taking my 6 year old to the Michigan St. game. The melting moments ice cream sandwich 100% lived up to the hype.