Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just what I'm Hearing

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

The last time we saw Sonny Dykes

I was there!!
    I really want to go down there and almost did during the week before this year's game.

But Whooley ruined the dream for me, painting Berkeley as the hellscape that it probably has been since 2020.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

tcu is an 8-4/7-5 team that got extreme luck in one score games

Hard to hate too much because they did beat Michigan and made the natty. That’s a horrible showing tho. It’s not happening again.

If I’m a TCU fan, I wish Michigan won on a last second FG instead of taking this plunger.
    And that's why you've always been full of shit ...

You ALWAYS take the chance to play for a Championship

Choosing to lose to avoid looking back is the definition of being a pussy ass bitch
    Some people enjoy being humiliated. It’s their thing.
    I always choose to compete

Some prefer to wear their skinny jeans and care about how they are perceived
    Those saying they shouldn’t have been there are wrong. You’re right about one thing. But that was pathetic. They didn’t even compete as you said.
    65-7 for TCU they get to wear like UW gets to wear 0-12
    Ah, an 0-12 reference. Looks like you're getting close to loathing UW.

I'm hoping this board's collective bullying of you will cause you to eventually disown UW entirely and fuck off forever.
    Other things will get me to become indifferent to UW well before anything you worthless fucks do
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Hard to hate too much because they did beat Michigan and made the natty. That’s a horrible showing tho. It’s not happening again.

If I’m a TCU fan, I wish Michigan won on a last second FG instead of taking this plunger.

Choosing to lose to avoid looking back is the definition of being a pussy ass bitch
    Yeah, that’s it. Don’t take the showing out on me. I was hoping TCU won.

No shit a championship is ideal and the best scenario and it was a great season. However, the ending couldn’t have been any worse.
    I don’t disagree with that at all

Just disagree with the idea that you’d ever choose to lose a game to avoid something that could happen

Every realistic TCU fan knew that getting blown out was in play
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You do understand that in this hypothetical TCU doesn't actually send a delegation and elect to take the semifinal final loss to duck the natty, right? Right?
    I fully understand

I’ll take a Semi win and Natty plungering every single time vs the good game good effort Semi loss
    Like Oregon, you got gifted a bunch of turnovers against a team that probably didn't need to be in the playoffs, and then got double stuffed in the next game.

Bragging about winning one round in a single elimination tournament is just as a lame as doogs who subtract Browning's pick six against Bama. hth.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Some people enjoy being humiliated. It’s their thing.
    Yes they are called cucks.
  • Options
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You do understand that in this hypothetical TCU doesn't actually send a delegation and elect to take the semifinal final loss to duck the natty, right? Right?
    I fully understand

I’ll take a Semi win and Natty plungering every single time vs the good game good effort Semi loss
    Like Oregon, you got gifted a bunch of turnovers against a team that probably didn't need to be in the playoffs, and then got double stuffed in the next game.

Bragging about winning one round in a single elimination tournament is just as a lame as doogs who subtract Browning's pick six against Bama. hth.
    If a 13-0 conference champ of the 2nd in the pecking order P5 league who beat their rival and a short list talent laden program in the country by 3 TDs on the road is a team not deserving of being in the CFP …

Then the system is way more broken than most realize
  • Options
    TomRinaldisPianoTomRinaldisPiano Member Posts: 90
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I fully understand

If a 13-0 conference champ of the 2nd in the pecking order P5 league who beat their rival and a short list talent laden program in the country by 3 TDs on the road is a team not deserving of being in the CFP …

Thanks Chris Mortenson. You should podcast your amazing, insightful takes away from here.

Everyone will listen
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    Doogles said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I fully understand

Oregon beat the shit out of Florida state, there's no minimizing it.
    FSU already had a title, turned it over a bunch, gave up, and resigned to eating crab legs on the sidelines.

All year long they were hanging by a thread and everyone knew that they weren't as good as the previous year.

And we know that their coach isn't elite. He's not even close to Dabo.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I fully understand

Program killer.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

haie said:

HuskyJW said:

The last time we saw Sonny Dykes

I was there!!
    I really want to go down there and almost did during the week before this year's game.

But Whooley ruined the dream for me, painting Berkeley as the hellscape that it probably has been since 2020.
    Stayed in San Fran and took train to Berkeley

Walked their campus….what a dump

Then went to Kip’s. Met Doogles, pawz, Wilbur….they also met my beard

8/10 would recommend
    I missed the meet up as usual but made the game

In 18 I met Doogles Wilbur and BearsWiin
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Full on airing of grievances in this thread. Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I fully understand

I'm in this camp. I smartly turned this shit-fest off at halftime & read the newspaper, instead.

Neither Michigan nor TCU was a playoff team. Going by records in mediocre conferences does not result in competitive NC games, as we just saw.

I knew Michigan was mediocre when they barely survived Maryland at home. And their QB is not very good, either.

TCU losing to K-State showed their vulnerabilities and should've bumped them out of the final four, as well.

And then there's Sonny Dykes. Kreist.

And oh yeah,

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Yeah, that’s it. Don’t take the showing out on me. I was hoping TCU won.

No shit a championship is ideal and the best scenario and it was a great season. However, the ending couldn’t have been any worse.
    I don’t disagree with that at all

Just disagree with the idea that you’d ever choose to lose a game to avoid something that could happen

Every realistic TCU fan knew that getting blown out was in play
    No one is saying you take the L versus Michigan over a plunger that *could* happen versus UGA. Of course in that moment you roll the dice and hope for the best against Georgia. We're talking about taking the L versus Michigan over what actually *did* happen versus UGA. There's no hypothetical here. Georgia's plunger stuck it's owen plunger in TCU's ass.

In retrospect you would have been better off not getting someone else get completely exposed.