Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Jacks open thread [2023]

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,484 Swaye's Wigwam
    Cool video, pods

Win
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

I know 81% of you are older than me. With that said loosing all of the pac traditions and rivalries is shitty but survival is a must, I get it. I badly want to continue the AC and who gives a fuck if they have to drive to Pullman. It’s a shit hole but it’s can’t be any worse than West Lafayette. The money spent for that trip is minimal. Keep the tradition, keep it on Black Friday. Then, get off my fucking lawn.

I do see in my circles that the pro-AC and anti-AC camps split along generational lines. It’s interesting because it’s actually the younger Doogs that wax poetically about the Apple Cup and the traditional rivalries. While the older Doogs (Xennials and up) are all, “fuck ‘em!”

If I had to venture a guess, it’s probably because the young’ins are friends with more Cougs (harder to get into UW as a WA student now) and had more fond memories of the matchup as UW has dominated (excluding the mid to late ‘aughts) for the most part.

If the Apple Cup continues, play it early and at Lumen or some other neutral site…fuck, in honor of Larry Scott have it in China! 50/50 cash split.

I really don’t care either way, but my preference is to move on.
    I had to google xennials and I’m apparently one of them yet I don’t want to just fuck ‘em. I have no friends so it’s not that either for me.

If I figure it out I’ll let you know.
    You learn something new everyday.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    While I don’t give a shit about WSU, it would be fun to see lumen split east and west crimson and purple just once
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    biak1 said:

In no way should the Huskies sign up for playing in Pullman ever again.

This… Big 10 should veto this crap. It does nothing for the Big 10 in the overall big picture
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

no idea who his 'sources' are but after this year, the apple cup is dead.

edit: you're probably more likely to see uw play a teams from the b12 as their 'A' ooc schedule and then a bottomfeeder.
    If wazzu is in the new version of the pac 12 wouldn't that just be an easy B in the abc schedule model every year?

I don't care if they play them or not but it is a more interesting game than Tulsa or boise st. Or even cal or Stanford for that matter although they may like going to the bay for recruiting.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam

I know 81% of you are older than me. With that said loosing all of the pac traditions and rivalries is shitty but survival is a must, I get it. I badly want to continue the AC and who gives a fuck if they have to drive to Pullman. It’s a shit hole but it’s can’t be any worse than West Lafayette. The money spent for that trip is minimal. Keep the tradition, keep it on Black Friday. Then, get off my fucking lawn.

West Lafayette is like Paris compared to Pullman.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

While I don’t give a shit about WSU, it would be fun to see lumen split east and west crimson and purple just once

I went to the Oregon State vs WSU game they played there ~10 years ago and thought it was twash as fuck. Little tailgate butt clusters in random alleyways/parking lots. Just a shitty venue and part of the city. Fuck the 12's.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,715
    haie said:

I went to the Oregon State vs WSU game they played there ~10 years ago and thought it was twash as fuck. Little tailgate butt clusters in random alleyways/parking lots. Just a shitty venue and part of the city. Fuck the 12's.
    Apple cup is one of the biggest events in the state and gets a ton of media coverage.

A split stadium in downtown Seattle would have a ton of juice. It would be a better spectacle than a traditional apple cup and draw a lot more fan interest IMO.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,161

no idea who his 'sources' are but after this year, the apple cup is dead.

edit: you're probably more likely to see uw play a teams from the b12 as their 'A' ooc schedule and then a bottomfeeder.
    If wazzu is in the new version of the pac 12 wouldn't that just be an easy B in the abc schedule model every year?

I don't care if they play them or not but it is a more interesting game than Tulsa or boise st. Or even cal or Stanford for that matter although they may like going to the bay for recruiting.
    good q. wouldnt surprise me to rotate cal/furd as the 'b' game to cut down on travel. i could see uw not wanting to have their first game of the year be the apple cup/cuog super bowl. but i think big thing is i dont see/hear uw going to pullman ever again and playing it off as 'well the schedule didnt work out' and 'we're already travelling so much this year, we didnt want another away game.' so maybe it sticks in seattle?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Apple cup is one of the biggest events in the state and gets a ton of media coverage.

A split stadium in downtown Seattle would have a ton of juice. It would be a better spectacle than a traditional apple cup and draw a lot more fan interest IMO.
    I don't want UW doing WSU any favors going forward. I don't see how playing them at all is anything but a favor.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    haie said:

Oh I will never go to one of these games, would just be fun to see a crowd shot on TV.

Oregon is our rival, coog can fuck right off
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    I was joking with some duck fans after the game that they should just call the uw/uo game the civil war…just replace the boovs with us.

They’d be so pissed forever🤣
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    Can’t. Delete. Comment.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

I was joking with some duck fans after the game that they should just call the uw/uo game the civil war…just replace the boovs with us.

They’d be so pissed forever🤣

The Civil Apple War Cup
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    haie said:

Clink is good when you're in your seat, which is the point of a stadium. ATBS, the rest of the stadium mostly sucks and the surrounding areas are dumpy.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156

haie said:

Apple Cup was played at Century Link in 2011. I don't recall it being a big spectacle or a split stadium.