Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2023]

Comments

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Jonathan Smith with any quarterback better than Whitworth quality, and paired with a great running back, concerns me.

Has smith had a single impressive QB during his tenure? Not sure what’s to fear on that front. It was the Beaver defense that carried that team to 10 wins.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023

haie said:

Jonathan Smith with any quarterback better than Whitworth quality, and paired with a great running back, concerns me.

Lol @ fearing the beav. Ffs.
    He's probably the best coach in the conference. Maybe DeBoer is better but it's a bit early yet.

He won 10 games last year, and that's with starting a quarterback that threw 8-9 picks in 2 weeks.

Unless his defense just completely drops off this year, if Washington fucks around in Corvallis like they did last year it's an L.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

haie said:

He's probably the best coach in the conference. Maybe DeBoer is better but it's a bit early yet.

He won 10 games last year, and that's with starting a quarterback that threw 8-9 picks in 2 weeks.

Unless his defense just completely drops off this year, if Washington fucks around in Corvallis like they did last year it's an L.
    So UW plays back to back games in Corn Valley?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    haie said:

haie said:

I'm with you in not dismissing beavlet. I have yet to see Smith make a bad QB good yet and DJU has been pretty bad though.

I think he'll still be bad but all I was saying was that any preseason top 10 listing with him in it is shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

I'm with you in not dismissing beavlet. I have yet to see Smith make a bad QB good yet and DJU has been pretty bad though.

I think he'll still be bad but all I was saying was that any preseason top 10 listing with him in it is shit.
    He might have the same faults as Petersen wrt quarterbacks.

Still. Pete could have just retired after 2017 and we could have had Smith since then.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

haie said:

Don James never had to play against the Beavs with the best coach in the conference. He just didn’t.
    Oregon State @ Washington was pretty much the best game, among the finish line best teams, last year.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

DJ will be benched for the freshman within 4 weeks, and the freshman is actually legit.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Beavs lost a ton on defense. They take a step back, IMO. They're the classic build for 3 season to have one good year program.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Beavs lost a ton on defense. They take a step back, IMO. They're the classic build for 3 season to have one good year program.
    That’s true. Lost almost their entire secondary and they lost their bad ass LB to LSU. That side of the ball takes a step back. Their offense is gonna be a meat grinder though. Experienced line, great RBs and options at QB. This will be DJs best running game since he was a freshman and could hand off to Etiene at Clemson. His ability to run the ball at 240lbs and Smiths limited route tree should make DJU a good QB for OSU this year. If he does falter Chiles is a legit prospect. The running game will make everything easier for whoever is under center for the Beavs this year. They remind me of early Harbaugh Stanford teams.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

DJ will be benched for the freshman within 4 weeks, and the freshman is actually legit.
    He might be, but TBS addicts do this every year. There aren’t too many actually good true freshman QB’s.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

He might be, but TBS addicts do this every year. There aren’t too many actually good true freshman QB’s.
    There isn't, but I'm calling my shot. This one is actually worth the hype.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Right in the middle of the damn store
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

GRUNDLE STOp
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

GRUNDLE STOp
    Devs? @VanillaSupport ?? @Vanillatest ????

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

GRUNDLE STOp

The devs are making us? resort to IG screenshots! The bastards!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

GRUNDLE STOp

The devs are making us? resort to IG screenshots! The bastards!
    It's getting to be like Tsarist Russia out hear!!