Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,138
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    But can you be a colorblind anti-racist racist?
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,138
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

If you are blind you don't see color. If you don't see color you are colorblind. If you are colorblind, you don’t see race. If you don’t see race, you don’t see racism. If you don’t see racism, you are not actively anti-racist. If you are not actively anti-racist, you are racist.

If you are blind, you are racist.

It is not complicated.

Fucking ableist
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I don't see race, but I can sure see racists when they see race. Just because I don't see race doesn't mean I can't see liberal racists.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

I don't see race, but I can sure see racists when they see race. Just because I don't see race doesn't mean I can't see liberal racists.

Lots of people see race and it isn't racism. The vast majority of perceived white racism is of the type like crossing the street to avoid a gang of black kids. Even Jesse Jackson admitted to being relieved when he realized he was being followed by a white guy. Given the amount of black on white crime, it isn't rational to avoid the stats. Correspondingly, if I were a long-haired white hippy in 1970 I'd avoid cowboy bars in eastern Oregon. Blacks will complain about being followed in stores by owners or security. But if the last 10 thefts have been by blacks, then guess what? When Mrs. Worf's big complaint about white racism was some old short white lady asking for help getting something of the top shelf at the store then there isn't enough white racism to go around.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

This is bullshit though. Everybody sees @Race. But saying you don’t doesn’t make you a racist, it just makes you a liar.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

This is bullshit though. Everybody sees @Race. But saying you don’t doesn’t make you a racist, it just makes you a liar.
    You're right, when I look at my wife and children the first thing I see is their skin color.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Lots of people see race and it isn't racism. The vast majority of perceived white racism is of the type like crossing the street to avoid a gang of black kids. Even Jesse Jackson admitted to being relieved when he realized he was being followed by a white guy. Given the amount of black on white crime, it isn't rational to avoid the stats. Correspondingly, if I were a long-haired white hippy in 1970 I'd avoid cowboy bars in eastern Oregon. Blacks will complain about being followed in stores by owners or security. But if the last 10 thefts have been by blacks, then guess what? When Mrs. Worf's big complaint about white racism was some old short white lady asking for help getting something of the top shelf at the store then there isn't enough white racism to go around.
    Are you seeing "race" or are you seeing the people who do most of the stealing from your store? If some old black guy or black woman comes into my store I'm not suspecting them of theft, so are there any other factors involved or is it just skin color?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Are you seeing "race" or are you seeing the people who do most of the stealing from your store? If some old black guy or black woman comes into my store I'm not suspecting them of theft, so are there any other factors involved or is it just skin color?
    You have it. Just situational awareness. It's not old guys and old women of any race doing the criminal damage. It's young males and the stats on young black males are horrific. Obvious solution is to take guns away from lawful Americans.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You have it. Just situational awareness. It's not old guys and old women of any race doing the criminal damage. It's young males and the stats on young black males are horrific. Obvious solution is to take guns away from lawful Americans.
    Naaaah, the obvious solution is to legalize theft, that way you're not following the dictates of an institutionally racist system that disproportionately incarcerates black people. Get rid of the rules and change the laws and presto, no more systemic racism.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

You're right, when I look at my wife and children the first thing I see is their skin color.
    You are clearly aware that they are a different color than you are or you would not have brought them up.

You see color.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

You are clearly aware that they are a different color than you are or you would not have brought them up.

You see color.

Hope that helps.
    Being aware of it and seeing are two different things in my mind. It’s like telephone wires and poles, unless I’m looking for them when I look out my window looking out on the bay I don’t see them