Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Were we?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

… wrong! about Harbaugh? And, more generally, wrong about 3 years or GTFO?

@RaceBannon single handedly ushered in this culture of impatience and has to own it. If a coach did it before, should we? gove him more than 3 years to deliver?

Harbaugh has Michigan rolling.

You argued with me about Harbaugh, and I've always said he was a great coach.

You argued with me about Chip and said he'd struggle to win 7 games this year. I said 9-10 wins and challenged you to a friendly wager, which you declined.

Of course, I was wrong wrong wrong about Russell Wilson having a great season this year, but that's another story.
    Coming back to this. I don't remember arguing with you about Harbaugh, but this thread is evidence of my revisiting my position that his mojo from SDSU and Stanford is gone. I remember arguing about Chip, and I stand by my position. Whoopdeedoo, he eeked out a couple more games than my hyperbole-inspired 7. He had a 20th year QB who was as good an athlete as Mariota, he had a running game and WRs coming out of his ass, and most of all, he had time. And he doesn't even reach the P12 championship game, much less win it.

You're a pretty objective observer and don't get caught up in the Oregon crazies, but it does help to assume everything he has at UCLA and place him at Oregon and then imagine what we? say? We say he's a mediocre coach.

That's what he is now. Something is missing, which is hardly surprising because it happens all the time. You can see it when he gives interviews. He's happy in LA and at that school. The pressure is off. Oregon was a different experience for him, and it showed. He acted like a coach under pressure to do something there. In LA he's a much, much more relaxed version of who he was. He go the money.

As I like to say, great coaches seldom recreate what they did at the next stop. Urbs is the clear exception. I just wonder if Harbaugh is now. We shall soon see. I have my doubts.
    Chip is fat and happy after getting fired from the Eagles and 49ers. I believe his buyouts were like $25M.

At Oregon, only three of the assistants were his hires. The rest were pretty much dead wood (as far as recruiting) and some as coaches as well.

To hire Kelly, Oregon had to force Bellotti to retire from coaching. AD for 1 year, then on to broadcasting and a fantastic PERS retirement from the State of Oregon.

Kelly didn’t cater to the “moneyed” alumn and this annoyed the big boys.

He wanted to leave a year earlier to the NFL than he did.

Chip’s agent was also the agent for UnderArmor.

UCLA wanted a splashy hire . . . Answer: Chip Kelly.
    Unfortunately, after working 25+ years in law enforcement, some shit is creepy and not funny in any context
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Harbaugh went back to back playoffs and curb stomping if tOSU.

The difference is Meyer is gone, it's pretty simple. Harbaugh has won everywhere big, not sure it's up for debate.

I would not call it "big" because he doesn't FINISH. Harbaugh has won, but he had Andrew Luck and couldn't even win this dreckfest conference. And coug'd away a Super Bowl.

He's on the cusp of winning big at Michigan.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Doogles said:

Harbaugh went back to back playoffs and curb stomping if tOSU.

The difference is Meyer is gone, it's pretty simple. Harbaugh has won everywhere big, not sure it's up for debate.

I would not call it "big" because he doesn't FINISH. Harbaugh has won, but he had Andrew Luck and couldn't even win this dreckfest conference. And coug'd away a Super Bowl.

He's on the cusp of winning big at Michigan.
    He also coug’d away a second straight Super Bowl appearance