Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If the Fightin' Matt Campbells lose to TCU this Saturday

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,691 Founders Club
They'll finish 1-8 in conference play

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,373 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm officially saying bullet dodged.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    5-7 is no longer on the table
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    He beat iowa. NEM
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

@Tequilla ? True?

I’m expecting a TUFF game Saturday … TCU has some very key offensive injuries right now and Iowa St has one of the top defenses in the country

Iowa St’s lack of offense and inability to have any kind of positive consistency on that side of the ball leaves me optimistic that TCU should be able to find a way to score enough points

I’d be happy with a 27-17 win
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

They'll finish 1-8 in conference play

Racebanon
    HFNY said:

He probably should have jumped ship before an obvious rebuilding year but I still think he's a good coach.

Do good coaches go 1-8 in conference?
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,206
    I’ve said this a few times but Campbell really fucked up in dropping the bag after Covid+1 season. I guess you can probably stretch a dollar further in aimes than you can in Seattle, even in this economy.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,691 Founders Club

I’ve said this a few times but Campbell really fucked up in dropping the bag after Covid+1 season. I guess you can probably stretch a dollar further in aimes than you can in Seattle, even in this economy.

you should write a song about it
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    So Jen was ahead of the game on Campbell? Who gets the credit for bringing Deboer on? Also who is to say it isn't another Mel Tucker situation? I hope Deboner is the real deal but we will need multiple years of data to know for sure. Start looks promising.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

So Jen was ahead of the game on Campbell? Who gets the credit for bringing Deboer on? Also who is to say it isn't another Mel Tucker situation? I hope Deboner is the real deal but we will need multiple years of data to know for sure. Start looks promising.

I’d be careful to give Jen too much credit on this

DeBoer looks great but so did Hop after his first 2 years …
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Hop (YLTCHT) was never a head corch.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

DeBoer needs to be critical of the defense but he knows what he’s doing on offense and it isn’t a fluke. It’s not like he was coaching under a bunch of offensive masterminds. It’s all him. That isn’t going to change.

I suspect Inge and Morrell will get another year but if there isn’t massive improvement next year, they have to go.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,691 Founders Club
    Time to bring in Gilby
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

DeBoer needs to be critical of the defense but he knows what he’s doing on offense and it isn’t a fluke. It’s not like he was coaching under a bunch of offensive masterminds. It’s all him. That isn’t going to change.

I suspect Inge and Morrell will get another year but if there isn’t massive improvement next year, they have to go.
    Another year will hurt. The linebackers and secondary which are the two parts of the defense they’re responsible for are epically bad. The offense likely is not as strong next year but could still be good.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Another year will hurt. The linebackers and secondary which are the two parts of the defense they’re responsible for are epically bad. The offense likely is not as strong next year but could still be good.
    Offense and Pass rush will likely regress pending transfers.

Back 7 can't get much worse. Some changes need to be made defensively. Get a Fresh set of eyes in there because it's 08 bad.