Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Home is where the heart Lambo is
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He finally figured out that MC held Herbert back and just as I predicted he turned TVD into a hot mess. Maybe TVD stays another year but MC can always find an A. Brown in the portal.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    46XiJCAB said:

He finally figured out that MC held Herbert back and just as I predicted he turned TVD into a hot mess. Maybe TVD stays another year but MC can always find an A. Brown in the portal.

TVD can't run and isn't throwing to Rambo any more. Meat has underperformed but you're going to pull a back muscle trying to find new ground on which to bury him every week. Tyler Van Dyke ran a system with Lashlee in which he thrived as a rythm passer throwing to one of the best portal transfers I've seen to date. Try and bring just a smidge of objectivity to this discussion. You are by the day appearing more and more the WDWHA jilted lover than the genuinely-happy-he's-gone fan.

He didn't hold Herbert back because Herbert's air game wasn't going to be any better than the receivers he had to work with. If you want to argue that he should have used Herbert more like they're using Nix, that's a least an interesting take. But you have to contend with the facts that (1) Nix might get blown up and fuck your season and (2) Herbert was a bigger target than Nix and had already had a shoulder injury running the ball. You might say damn the torpedoes, and that's fine, but you have to acknowledge that it was a risk. Oregon had a sound running game that set up the passing game and, IMO, got the most out of that Oregon team. Your receivers were just not that great.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2022

46XiJCAB said:

TVD can't run and isn't throwing to Rambo any more. Meat has underperformed but you're going to pull a back muscle trying to find new ground on which to bury him every week. Tyler Van Dyke ran a system with Lashlee in which he thrived as a rythm passer throwing to one of the best portal transfers I've seen to date. Try and bring just a smidge of objectivity to this discussion. You are by the day appearing more and more the WDWHA jilted lover than the genuinely-happy-he's-gone fan.

He didn't hold Herbert back because Herbert's air game wasn't going to be any better than the receivers he had to work with. If you want to argue that he should have used Herbert more like they're using Nix, that's a least an interesting take. But you have to contend with the facts that (1) Nix might get blown up and fuck your season and (2) Herbert was a bigger target than Nix and had already had a shoulder injury running the ball. You might say damn the torpedoes, and that's fine, but you have to acknowledge that it was a risk. Oregon had a sound running game that set up the passing game and, IMO, got the most out of that Oregon team. Your receivers were just not that great.
    But… I didn’t want him anyway…
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

But… I didn’t want him anyway…
    yeah, but you've moved on with your life.

I also hear there's a game tomorrow.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,102
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

46XiJCAB said:

Watch TVD transfer to Oregon and win the Heisman
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

I could call Oregon's offensive plays sitting on my couch. 3rd and three, handoff to CJV for those tuff yards up the middle. U fans are complaining about the same thing this year. The idea that the WR's Oregon had couldn't catch the ball more often if MC had a pass friendly offense with Herbert is, silly. Mario raved about TVD when he was hired. Seems he would have created an offensive system to best utilized his talents. He didn't.

Mario would have taken Seattle Slew and turned him into a plow horse for those tuff fields.

And yes, I'm gonna bury the guy that quit on his team before the first Utah blowout last year. Because he deserves it, not because I'm butthurt he's gone.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

I could call Oregon's offensive plays sitting on my couch. 3rd and three, handoff to CJV for those tuff yards up the middle. U fans are complaining about the same thing this year. The idea that the WR's Oregon had couldn't catch the ball more often if MC had a pass friendly offense with Herbert is, silly. Mario raved about TVD when he was hired. Seems he would have created an offensive system to best utilized his talents. He didn't.

Mario would have taken Seattle Slew and turned him into a plow horse for those tuff fields.

And yes, I'm gonna bury the guy that quit on his team before the first Utah blowout last year. Because he deserves it, not because I'm butthurt he's gone.
    Chinned for Seattle Slew. On point.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DucksFC said:

46XiJCAB said:

I've become intrigued with I think it's @WoolleyDoog 's theory of the Oregon magic bubble where everything works and the men become more handsome and the women grow two bra sizes and wash outs become All Americans
  • Options

DucksFC said:

46XiJCAB said:

I've become intrigued with I think it's @WoolleyDoog 's theory of the Oregon magic bubble where everything works and the men become more handsome and the women grow two bra sizes and wash outs become All Americans
    It’s a perversion of the laws of physics and the natural order. Nature always resets and reverts to the natural way.

#Ironlaws

@Auburndawg
  • Options

DucksFC said:

46XiJCAB said:

Did someone say magic bubble?