Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Defensive stats are for losers

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022

If I thought they would actually perform like the stats, I would have some optimism for Saturday. I expect our defense to get plungered though.

Unless our pass rush causes some Fumbles they can put up 50 if they want to.

This has to be the most maddening and frustrating to watch 7-2 Husky squad of the modern era.

Maybe it's 10 place in 3rd down conversion that's triggering me.
    If I could pick one to be good at, it would be 3rd down conversion. I'd take that over red zone ... maybe.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    We need more turnovers generated.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,134 Founders Club

If I thought they would actually perform like the stats, I would have some optimism for Saturday. I expect our defense to get plungered though.

Unless our pass rush causes some Fumbles they can put up 50 if they want to.

This has to be the most maddening and frustrating to watch 7-2 Husky squad of the modern era.

Maybe it's 10 place in 3rd down conversion that's triggering me.
    If I could pick one to be good at, it would be 3rd down conversion. I'd take that over red zone ... maybe.
    You've got to be able to force 3 and outs and/or kills drives.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club
    We're due for some turnovers, I'm with @SonnyShackelford
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,370
    Nix is overrated and I can see him getting cocky and trying to do too much this Saturday. He will fumble once and throw a pick, we still get plungered, however, he is wiped from Heisman conversation which should have never been mentioned in first place.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    The only way Nix gets serious Heisman consideration is if Oregon is in the final four.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Nix is overrated and I can see him getting cocky and trying to do too much this Saturday. He will fumble once and throw a pick, we still get plungered, however, he is wiped from Heisman conversation which should have never been mentioned in first place.

Him being a Heisman contender with how absolutely abysmal he was against Georgia (the only legit team they will probably play all year is a joke).
    dannarc said:

I feel like this is a game where you always see logic balance itself how in other conferences but won't happen here. Isn't there some crazy stat where Oregon hasn't fucking fumbled all season or something?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Nix has only been sacked once -- and it wasn't against Georgia.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,711

dannarc said:

Him being a Heisman contender with how absolutely abysmal he was against Georgia (the only legit team they will probably play all year is a joke).
    dannarc said:

I feel like this is a game where you always see logic balance itself how in other conferences but won't happen here. Isn't there some crazy stat where Oregon hasn't fucking fumbled all season or something?
    I don’t remember a single fumble this season. I’ve kept it quiet and havent heard anyone mention it until now. Bound to happen 3 or 4 times on Saturday.

CJ Stroud threw for like 85 yards against Northwestern on Saturday and TJ Hooker didn’t look too TJ Hookerish against Georgia neither.

Who’s your #1?
    edited November 2022

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

I don’t remember a single fumble this season. I’ve kept it quiet and havent heard anyone mention it until now. Bound to happen 3 or 4 times on Saturday.

CJ Stroud threw for like 85 yards against Northwestern on Saturday and TJ Hooker didn’t look too TJ Hookerish against Georgia neither.

Who’s your #1?
    Anyone but Nix is the answer during suck-my-dick week. Or any week around here.

To say Oregon hasn't played anybody is a little bit of a stretch, and there is unlimited mileage in the "but Georgia" game to be exploited, and it will be exploited. NVM that people are sucking on the Penix even though he hasn't really played anybody either. And I don't see anybody saying Caleb Williams is overrated, even though he hasn't played anybody either, unless you want to count Rice for some reason. But Huskies don't disrespeck SC; that's axiomatic and not just in my head.

But we have this: Nix and Pee-Nix play each other, and Oregon has to play Utah and Beav. And if they get through the next three unscathed, they'll play somebody again or USC. If that were to happen and Oregon won the conference, Nix would still be stupid and overrated, and would have to perform in the playoff.

Said more succintly, they hate you guys and anybody that coaches or plays for you, so you're always going to get the negative of the doubt. Should be used to it by now.

Nix is more athletic than I realized and a better passer than I would have thought. I've been pretty impressed, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him shit one down the stretch. I never paid any attention to him when he was at Auburn because IDGAF about Auburn and because his dad was a shit ass coordinator for the Canes.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,370
    Nix was a fair to middling QB for Auburn down the stretch. He actually beat Oregon on a last minute driven throwing a wounded duck...har har.. He is so overdue for a pants shitting, too bad we don't have a secondary. They will lose to Beaver and/or Ute
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,721 Swaye's Wigwam
    Our defense was much better subbing out the HUSKY for another DT. I can see them running a 5-2-4 against Oregon
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,711
    dannarc said:

Nix was a fair to middling QB for Auburn down the stretch. He actually beat Oregon on a last minute driven throwing a wounded duck...har har.. He is so overdue for a pants shitting, too bad we don't have a secondary. They will lose to Beaver and/or Ute

Sounds like you don’t care what anyone says that was a GOOD Oregon State team.
    dannarc said:

I don't see Beaver. I see Ute. Maybe UW. One of those 3. Not two of those 3 and not 3 of those 3.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,505 Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

I don't see Beaver. I see Ute. Maybe UW. One of those 3. Not two of those 3 and not 3 of those 3.
    Agree.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    As long as Perryman is "playing", our D sucks. Case closed.