Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Heisman front runner play off bound Ducks

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,213
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
might as well not even play the game

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    We’ve been over this. Reverse jinxing is for girls.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Every word is true

No jinx just fact
  • Options
    I’ve had to down vote you for the first time in my career. You’ve left me no choice.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’ve had to down vote you for the first time in my career. You’ve left me no choice.

This is a mismatch

Great offense against bad defense in the friendly confines of Autzen Arena

I usually find someway to believe but this is Chip v Ty territory

No shot
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Important things first. No rain in the forecast and should be near 50.

It’s going to be a back and forth tussle. Don’t get excited when your team takes the lead. It will not last long and you’ll be cursing your D all day.

38-35 Ducks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our O line fans point out that Penix doesn't get sacked which is true. He's smart and he gets the ball out fast. The Beavers put a lot of pressure on him and some of those plays he doesn't get sacked on become a pick 6

Penix is underrated because we don't think we can have nice things. But some of those third down conversions were as good as it gets. As was the 92 yard clincher

He is the hope. But you know what we? say about quarterbacks as the savior
  • Options

Our O line fans point out that Penix doesn't get sacked which is true. He's smart and he gets the ball out fast. The Beavers put a lot of pressure on him and some of those plays he doesn't get sacked on become a pick 6

Penix is underrated because we don't think we can have nice things. But some of those third down conversions were as good as it gets. As was the 92 yard clincher

What do we say?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2022

This is a mismatch

Great offense against bad defense in the friendly confines of Autzen Arena

I usually find someway to believe but this is Chip v Ty territory

No shot
    When you have a QB who can rip it! and dudes to throw to, you're in any game. OTOH, Nix may duplicate Tui's 300/200 in this game.
  • Options

If Penix has a chink in the armor besides not being a threat on the ground, it's that he'll throw off his back foot when he gets pressure. He's hard to sack and Oregon doesn't have a lot of sacks, but Oregon's D line gets in there and gets close and Penix likes a clean pocket. I'd rush the fuck out of him and tell my D backfield we're? going to give up some but we're looking to rattle the young fella.
  • Options

If Penix has a chink in the armor besides not being a threat on the ground, it's that he'll throw off his back foot when he gets pressure. He's hard to sack and Oregon doesn't have a lot of sacks, but Oregon's D line gets in there and gets close and Penix likes a clean pocket. I'd rush the fuck out of him and tell my D backfield we're? going to give up some but we're looking to rattle the young fella.
    That back foot throw works because of his arm and allows his OL to keep the pocket mostly clean. He doesn’t need to step into throws for the most part.

Time him from snap to release. You really can’t get to him because he’s already decided where he’s going with the ball.

I’m more for staying home and dropping your LB’s into his crossing patterns. Keep everything in front of you and hope for a mistake. Hopefully DJ Johnson is available.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

That back foot throw works because of his arm and allows his OL to keep the pocket mostly clean. He doesn’t need to step into throws for the most part.

Time him from snap to release. You really can’t get to him because he’s already decided where he’s going with the ball.

I’m more for staying home and dropping your LB’s into his crossing patterns. Keep everything in front of you and hope for a mistake. Hopefully DJ Johnson is available.
    That is smarter imo. UW's offense is pretty good at making teams pay for blitzing. OSU made him nervous by lining up to blitz a lot, but dropping out of it caused more problems than pressure did. The LBs put 7 on the board for them.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,556
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    41-27 Oregon

Penix makes the big mistake early in the 4th Q in an otherwise competitive game.
  • Options
    You don’t really believe that score but if OSU had a QB who could complete a forward pass, it keeps their running game in play and they win Friday. Oh and if JS took the points early.

I do like Franklin on Perryman.
  • Options
    I gonna play Race here.

Oregon has given up one sack this year and zero fumbles.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mike is attempting a double reverse jinx. Hard to pull off
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

I have no statistical or other backup for this other than observation ... his back foot throws are the throws that are off target. If he steps into his throws, they're usually on the money. Penix has a good arm, but he's like any other QB ... stepping into his throws helps his accuracy. IDK. I'd make the pocket as uncomfortable as possible rather than trying to handle it on the back end. We've seen what he can do with time and has at least 3 dudes who will get open.
  • Options

Oregon always loses one right… about… now.

Don’t they?
  • Options
    SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 195
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Oregon always loses one right… about… now.

Don’t they?
    Totally different attitude at head coach. This guy knows how to win.