Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russell Wilson has turned into an Overnight Sensation

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Shocking really ~ can't remember seeing this kind of overnight instant slide in to Hell from a guy that some folks
thought was destined to be a hall of famer @ QB, and that the consensus was that he had another 5 years of at least
above average play ahead of him.

How he turned into a overnight meme and national punching bag is worthy of a PHD study in Spontaneous Combustion
Nightmare Public Relations Phenomenon Events

Comments

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don’t think he’s a hall of famer.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Pretty fucking huge douchebag move to have your camp leak an injury status when every single other player on that tim is dealing with one thing or another, and then turn around the next day and talk about how you're fine and you can play through it. Some dude dropped a pass last week because he had dislocated two fingers in Thursday practice and didn't need to have a fucking press conference about it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    Ciara has ruined him, is my theory. The level of vanity he is showing now is not the same guy from 6-7 years ago, as far as I can tell.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    And as I've said elsewhere, even though I am now rooting against him, I feel he's still capable of playing at a high level.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2022
    Yah Joe, while I liked him over the years, I’ve never thought that he was going to be a HOF guy either… Obviously everything has now changed for him and the league seems to now be able to contain his positive qualities and he has turned into JAG at QB. Used to be that he could run and that changed the spacing defensively… also as he was getting chased around the field it seemed like 1/2 the time he turned that into a killer big play, all of which has gone missing as he has slowed down… he still presumably can throw a dime and lay the ball in there but given the funk that he is in, even that is now no longer a given. What a fucking flameout neutron star implosion. Yow.