Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kam Chancellor #65 on NFL top 100 players of 2014

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Hooks are going nuts. I dont think it is horrible... But 65th for the best player in the playoffs for the team that just won the Super Bowl seems a little low.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm okay with it. I haven't been following the list but I'm assuming Sherman, Wilson, Lynch and Thomas haven't been listed yet? Five in the top 65 seems like plenty of respect.
  • Options
    GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That's what you get for spelling Cam with a K.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Not to go all Hook on you guys but I think 65 is a little low for Kam. He proved he was one of the best defensive players in the league this past year.

Like you said on a team with Wilson, Sherman, Lynch, Thomas it was Chancellor who was by far and away the best player on the team in the postseason. That has to count for something.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It's a silly list so WGAF but Troy Polamalu is not a better safety than chancellor right now.
    OTOH you can find a gazillion mistakes on the list so it isn't worth worrying about, such as tyron smith below Staley, Peters, Ossai, etc
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm guessing this pole didn't have the input of Demaryius Thomas
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm guessing this pole didn't have the input of Vernon Davis

FTFY
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing this pole didn't have the input of Vernon Davis or Demaryius Thomas

FTFY

abundance
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    65th is pretty fucking good. 32 teams in the NFL, that means Kam is rated as a team's 2nd or 3rd best player. That seems about right to me. He's a fucking beast though and played great in the playoffs.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    I'm assuming the NFL Top 100 Players list is about as legit as the Pro Bowl and All Pro selections.
  • Options
    all pro selections are more legitimate than this crap.

Seahooks.net is whining about how the niners have 10 players, broncos 9 and seahawks only 5. As ridiculous as I think that is it really isn't even worth complaining about "lack of respect" over.
    next
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I think the Seahawks only deserve 5 truthfully. I mean Unger and Okung who could have had a chance were hurt last year. Bennett and Avril are good players but not top 100 material.

I bet Seattle has four top 50 players though.
  • Options
    yes but does denver really have 9? San Fransisco 10? Outside of Peyton that roster really is pretty pedestrian. Point it it's a very subjective and flawed list
  • Options
    I would say Mebane, Bennett, and Wagner should at least be in the conversation
  • Options

I think the Seahawks only deserve 5 truthfully. I mean Unger and Okung who could have had a chance were hurt last year. Bennett and Avril are good players but not top 100 material.

You don't think Bennett deserves to be there? I would probably put Mebane in the top 100 also, but no question I'd put Bennett. Profootballfocus had Bennett at 16. That's higher than I'd put him, but I think he's definitely top 50.

FWIW, here's where PFF had the Seahawks in their top 100 players of 2013 (compiled after the playoffs):

6 - Sherman
    10 - Lynch
    16 - Bennett
    20 - Thomas
    28 - Chancellor
    48 - Wilson (#3 QB)
    56 - Mebane
    94 - Avril
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

You don't think Bennett deserves to be there? I would probably put Mebane in the top 100 also, but no question I'd put Bennett. Profootballfocus had Bennett at 16. That's higher than I'd put him, but I think he's definitely top 50.

FWIW, here's where PFF had the Seahawks in their top 100 players of 2013 (compiled after the playoffs):

6 - Sherman
    10 - Lynch
    16 - Bennett
    20 - Thomas
    28 - Chancellor
    48 - Wilson (#3 QB)
    56 - Mebane
    94 - Avril
    Wilson as the #3 QB is massively overrating him.

I like this.
  • Options

dnc said:

6 - Sherman
    10 - Lynch
    16 - Bennett
    20 - Thomas
    28 - Chancellor
    48 - Wilson (#3 QB)
    56 - Mebane
    94 - Avril
    Wilson as the #3 QB is massively overrating him.

I like this.
    I tend to agree. I think he's either #5 or #6 behind Manning, Rodgers, Brees and Brady, and I could see Wilson vs Luck go either way.

They gave Wilson a lot of credit for playing behind a shitty offensive line, which is at least semi defensible.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    dnc said:

6 - Sherman
    10 - Lynch
    16 - Bennett
    20 - Thomas
    28 - Chancellor
    48 - Wilson (#3 QB)
    56 - Mebane
    94 - Avril
    Agree. Bennett was better than Jared Allen last year, and Allen was in the 60's in this NFL top 100 list. Granted, a lot of linemen were better than Allen last year.