Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Psalm Adams

QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
Anyone else get a little PTSD whenever #28 gets the ball?

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    He underwhelmed. He may be a decent receiver out of the backfield but did not look good running it.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Canadawg said:

He underwhelmed. He may be a decent receiver out of the backfield but did not look good running it.

Disagree he had more wiggle that touchapapa and pretty good drive
    Hopefully his father can get him in for an appointment with Dr Feelgood and get him up to 215-218lb range
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone else get a little PTSD whenever #28 gets the ball?

100%
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    did psalm ever get any traction with rugby?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

I thought Adams showed some burst and toughness UW RBs have been lacking. He fought for yardage and was the first RB yet this year to refuse to go down.

Standards though...maybe mine have fallen.
    To me Davis has shown to be the best RB over the past couple games. He's fast enough and is fighting with his head up and some actual sidesteps. His TD run was probably the best play made by a RB this year as it wasn't just a giant hole he actually made 1.5 people miss and beat the last guy to the pylon. My stake is with him for the rest of this year
    Davis is funny. That TD run was what I've been waiting for. He showed vision and was decisive and didn't get heel tripped for a change. He's actually fast when he gets going straight upfield. I agree he's #1 right now. I'd like to see more of Adams though.

Edit...there were two plays pretty late that I saw the ugly side if Cam Davis on. I wish I could but I don't remember the time frame. One was kind of a stretch run to the left. A huge gash opened up just outside the tackle box with one defender engaged by a blocker all that stood in the way of a huge gain. Davis was determined to get outside even though his blocker was inside, and didn't see the huge cutback lane. Instead of a hard upfield cut, he just rounded it indecisively and ran into the defender.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

I thought Adams showed some burst and toughness UW RBs have been lacking. He fought for yardage and was the first RB yet this year to refuse to go down.

To me Davis has shown to be the best RB over the past couple games. He's fast enough and is fighting with his head up and some actual sidesteps. His TD run was probably the best play made by a RB this year as it wasn't just a giant hole he actually made 1.5 people miss and beat the last guy to the pylon. My stake is with him for the rest of this year
    Davis is funny. That TD run was what I've been waiting for. He showed vision and was decisive and didn't get heel tripped for a change. He's actually fast when he gets going straight upfield. I agree he's #1 right now. I'd like to see more of Adams though.

Edit...there were two plays pretty late that I saw the ugly side if Cam Davis on. I wish I could but I don't remember the time frame. One was kind of a stretch run to the left. A huge gash opened up just outside the tackle box with one defender engaged by a blocker all that stood in the way of a huge gain. Davis was determined to get outside even though his blocker was inside, and didn't see the huge cutback lane. Instead of a hard upfield cut, he just rounded it indecisively and ran into the defender.
    Agree. I had given up on Davis after the beaver butt fumble , But he is clearly the best we have now.

With Adams I just didn’t see anything special. I am looking for the next freak in our backfield. Nobody on the roster is at the Polk, Sankey, gaskin level. Uw should have someone that is always an all league caliber. Nobody is close to that on the roster right now.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Agree. I had given up on Davis after the beaver butt fumble , But he is clearly the best we have now.

With Adams I just didn’t see anything special. I am looking for the next freak in our backfield. Nobody on the roster is at the Polk, Sankey, gaskin level. Uw should have someone that is always an all league caliber. Nobody is close to that on the roster right now.
    No you're right for sure. There's nobody thst makes a difference on their own.

Sankey or Gaskin would have taken that play we discussed the distance. Polk maybe too or at least he would have punished the guy that stopped the play and gained a few more yards.

I get that the offense doesn't need 40 carries per game out of the running backs. They need guys to make some plays when they get it though and stop leaving the big gains put there due to being a step slow, prone to tripping, or just not having rhe talent to make a move or two and beat a couple of tacklers.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    All of the RBs need better vision. They miss huge holes at times. Not sure if this is taught or a skill that comes natural.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

All of the RBs need better vision. They miss huge holes at times. Not sure if this is taught or a skill that comes natural.

Good RBs have the natural ability. I’m sure some of it can be taught, but the good ones just play on instinct.

They also make the first guy miss.

I think in DeBoner’s scheme, blocking and receiving at the RB spot are just as important as being able to get 5 yards when it looks like only 2 or 3 are there.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,688 Founders Club
    Like a lot of people , I knew i loved this kid when I watched him do the fire dance with the flaming batons.. I said, yah, more of that shit please.