Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Figured out what's going on at the Fed

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2022

The fed is going to continue to raise rates to stop inflation and because "employment numbers are great" in a classic delusion of soft landing.

Then the economy will begin to crash, they will make a surprised pikachu face, and pivot to try to recover.

But it's going to be too late.

Take all the screenshots you need.

All this because they let one Cuog in the club.

@Salemcoogredux

The good news is that CDs may soon be a viable retirement vehicle.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The fed is going to continue to raise rates to stop inflation and because "employment numbers are great" in a classic delusion of soft landing.

Then the economy will begin to crash, they will make a surprised pikachu face, and pivot to try to recover.

@Salemcoogredux

Going to be a great time to be cash heavy and ready to buy so long as you haven't already been buying into the dip like H.

I tell my friends looking at retirement to look at where they might want a vacation home.

Personally, I'm looking at land where I want to move my family to.

But yes, CD's are going to hit at least 5%+ which should be good enough for retirement if the FED kills inflation.
  • Options

@Salemcoogredux

Going to be a great time to be cash heavy and ready to buy so long as you haven't already been buying into the dip like H.

I tell my friends looking at retirement to look at where they might want a vacation home.

But yes, CD's are going to hit at least 5%+ which should be good enough for retirement if the FED kills inflation.
    Is the theory on second home / land based on a price crash? Can't finance a significant balance right now. I wonder how this will affect new builds. I have the land and was close to pulling the trigger on building before this happened. OTOH, builders will be easier to find and negotiate with. The prevailing attitude to date has been, "why should I build your house?" That will change soon.

Been sitting on cash and didn't buy the dip fortunately.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@Salemcoogredux

Is the theory on second home / land based on a price crash? Can't finance a significant balance right now. I wonder how this will affect new builds. I have the land and was close to pulling the trigger on building before this happened. OTOH, builders will be easier to find and negotiate with. The prevailing attitude to date has been, "why should I build your house?" That will change soon.

Rates are going to go high and there's going to be a yuge glut of inventory(nationally) with a ton of builds in progress that have no buyers waiting on the other side. That's going to make buyers desperate for liquidity in an environment where credit is tightening. It's also going to crash the speculative land markets quickly(hence I will swoop). Plenty of building commodities are already coming back down to earth as well. In a year or two when builders are hungry I'll probably build.

It will be a regional housing price crash IMO. Places that are easy to build out and have rushed to do so with inter-state migration. Boise, Vegas, Phoenix, Nashville, West Texas etc. The trouble is they thought it would continue that way forever. They always do.

Places like Cali (or Washington) haven't really built since the last crash *overall. Not enough demand, too many restrictions, NIMBY-ism. No one wants to live in LA but the OC market is still relatively hot with sellers still able to take best offer and sell places "as is" etc.

It won't be a good time to finance a yuge new house even if that house is cheap BUT vacation homes are almost always some of the first things to crash in these circumstances and often you don't need financing to purchase or can do so through existing equity.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Is my board the new finance board or something @creepycoug ?

STSTTT
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yep. All we need to do is allow domestic energy production and half or more of the inflation problems goes away without jacking rates and forcing people in to poverty.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2022

Yep. All we need to do is allow domestic energy production and half or more of the inflation problems goes away without jacking rates and forcing people in to poverty.
    And quit fighting/funding endless proxy wars in foreign lands in which we have no reason to be involved.

I ain't got no quarrel with the Viet Cong.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

@Salemcoogredux

Hurtful.

And nominated.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750

@Salemcoogredux

Rates are going to go high and there's going to be a yuge glut of inventory(nationally) with a ton of builds in progress that have no buyers waiting on the other side. That's going to make buyers desperate for liquidity in an environment where credit is tightening. It's also going to crash the speculative land markets quickly(hence I will swoop). Plenty of building commodities are already coming back down to earth as well. In a year or two when builders are hungry I'll probably build.

It will be a regional housing price crash IMO. Places that are easy to build out and have rushed to do so with inter-state migration. Boise, Vegas, Phoenix, Nashville, West Texas etc. The trouble is they thought it would continue that way forever. They always do.

Places like Cali (or Washington) haven't really built since the last crash *overall. Not enough demand, too many restrictions, NIMBY-ism. No one wants to live in LA but the OC market is still relatively hot with sellers still able to take best offer and sell places "as is" etc.

It won't be a good time to finance a yuge new house even if that house is cheap BUT vacation homes are almost always some of the first things to crash in these circumstances and often you don't need financing to purchase or can do so through existing equity.
    It seems we’ve forgot about ARMS and interest only loans. They are alive and well. Pricing will continue to drop. And it needs to. Almost everything is 20% over valued. But thanks to above, we won’t see that kind of drop in most markets. I think the cap will be 8.5% fixed for A paper. And then a slow reduction from there.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Call me Mr Conspiracy. but I am half-wondering if the Fed, under duress from the Biden Admin, is trying to crash the market to damage America even further on behalf of the WEF
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Call me Mr Conspiracy. but I am half-wondering if the Fed, under duress from the Biden Admin, is trying to crash the market to damage America even further on behalf of the WEF
    The Fed is focused on one thing…inflation. The govt if it was smart would do it’s part by cutting spending and trying to get its accounts in order…instead it’s sending tens of billions a month to “Ukraine” and trying to spend everything it can everywhere else. Not going to end well for anybody.

The Feds original sin in this was the last 10+ years where they kept rates crazy low and enabled the Federal Government to become completely inept at budgeting…

• Options

I think you’re just underestimating the depths of incompetence human beings are capable of reaching.
  • Options

The Fed is focused on one thing…inflation. The govt if it was smart would do it’s part by cutting spending and trying to get its accounts in order…instead it’s sending tens of billions a month to “Ukraine” and trying to spend everything it can everywhere else. Not going to end well for anybody.

The Feds original sin in this was the last 10+ years where they kept rates crazy low and enabled the Federal Government to become completely inept at budgeting…

If it saves just one “democracy”.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601

@Salemcoogredux

have you tried not being old af
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601

And quit fighting/funding endless proxy wars in foreign lands in which we have no reason to be involved.

vietnamese chicks are 100 percent into the butt stuff
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

vietnamese chicks are 100 percent into the butt stuff
    So are prison inmates. Just what I'm hearing.