Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pass Rush

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
It’s probably the best in the PAC 12. Trice will play in the NFL and will probably be an early round pick. He’s really good. ZTF will never be at his 2020 level, but he’s another NFL player. Both will likely make the All PAC 12 team. Martin is good too.

Other than the secondary, we are looking good in every aspect. We still haven’t played our best and DeBoer was correct when he said, we have fixed what needed to be fixed every week so far.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm really intrigued by Martin's potential
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Schmidt is proving to be a really good coach thus far. No one (including myself) was excited about that hire but once again, DeBoer appears to know what he's doing. He's also in charge of special teams which looked great the last 2 games.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434
    Imagine if we had Latu, too.

He's leading the Pac-12 in sacks in his first year back playing football
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2022

It’s probably the best in the PAC 12. Trice will play in the NFL and will probably be an early round pick. He’s really good. ZTF will never be at his 2020 level, but he’s another NFL player. Both will likely make the All PAC 12 team. Martin is good too.

Other than the secondary, we are looking good in every aspect. We still haven’t played our best and DeBoer was correct when he said, we have fixed what needed to be fixed every week so far.

I don't think I've seen with mine own eyes a hair-on-fire Husky defense like yesterday's, just destroying people and swarming like there was 15 dudes on D. The short-lived Azeem Victor D is probably the closest but even that D wasn't an attacking D like this. Was this sort of what Lambo Ds looked like under James? My first real seared Husky memories were of losing to Iowa in the Sun Bowl.

Obviously this defense isn't as good overall as some of our best because of the secondary issues but it's damn fun to watch. There was some savagery taking place last night.

The 180 we're witnessing on offense and defense is incredible. The offensive turnaround in particular has to be on pace for records.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Great pass rush covers up the warts. We all know the DB's are mostly crap, although 3 starters were out against Stanford. I think the middle of the field is still pretty soft. DTR will probably run for 75+ yards.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Great pass rush covers up the warts. We all know the DB's are mostly crap, although 3 starters were out against Stanford. I think the middle of the field is still pretty soft. DTR will probably run for 75+ yards.

A good quarterback and o.c. will carve them up. That's why I won't doog it up like crazy. But I'll take 8-4 or 9-3 after last year.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

A good quarterback and o.c. will carve them up. That's why I won't doog it up like crazy. But I'll take 8-4 or 9-3 after last year.
    9-3 should be the floor at this point. The offense is too good to go only 4-4 the rest of the way.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

9-3 should be the floor at this point. The offense is too good to go only 4-4 the rest of the way.
    We'll see. Michigan State lost to juggernaut Golden Gopher yesterday by 27, so we really haven't played anyone of note. UCLA will be a test, even if there are 35,000 in attendance.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So is the conclusion that Feeney and Littleton have finally been replaced?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

We'll see. Michigan State lost to juggernaut Golden Gopher yesterday by 27, so we really haven't played anyone of note. UCLA will be a test, even if there are 35,000 in attendance.
    You really think UW will bring 33,250 fans?
    In THIS economy?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I want to see the Husky position Hampton and Kamren Fabiculanan |involved in more blitz packages