Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kent Griswold DWHA

Kent mocks basketball recruit Ahmad Shabazz Shabad Rorie for picking Oregon because of the facilities and gear. Then poasters point out to Kent that football recruits have said the same things about UW football. Kent fails to see how much of a fucking hypocrite he is. Sorry Kent, there isn't any twisting going on there.

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The kid obviously doesn't have enough feces in his throat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I'm hearing even if coach K were our coach we had no shot at him.

Love all these Doog excuses, WDWHA, they cheat and we don't, etc that always happens when a recruit goes elsewhere.

That's what annoyed me most about Alex AkitaFS article in November about the batshit crazy assholes who want Sark fired. He made the mistake of clumping the fire Sark crowd with lunatic recruiting nuts who stalk teens on twitter.

Try the exact opposite there fucktard.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Romar could be the worst recruiter in the PAC 12 when you consider the prestige of the university , the name recognition of players who have played under him and his relative success. I challenge you to find a coach in the PAC who has as much going for him and his program and yet strikes out on so many recruits who strongly consider his school.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Romar isn't a bad recruiter, he's fucking lazy.

He has purple on his veins until it takes effort, then he just sees the guaranteed green.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2014

Romar could be the worst recruiter in the PAC 12 when you consider the prestige of the university , the name recognition of players who have played under him and his relative success. I challenge you to find a coach in the PAC who has as much going for him and his program and yet strikes out on so many recruits who strongly consider his school.

Nega please.

Romar is a mediocre recruiter at best, subpar at worst. He's not the worst recruiter in the conference nor close to it.

He needs to be fired, but you're basically saying he gets no credit for getting kids to get interested and we're going to punish him for not closing a kid somebody else wouldn't get interest from. You have to evaluate his recruiting as a whole, not just "percentage of interested kids he closes on."

The only Pac12 coaches who I think would be clear upgrades on Romar as recruiters at UW are Miller and Altman. Then you have Boyle and Dawkins who would recruit about the same but be improvements as coaches, and the guys who are basically interchangeable dreck with Romar: Alford, Sendek, Martin and Kent.

Bone, Krystowiak and Tinkle would be clear recruiting downgrades. Too soon to say about Enfeld who I'd trade Romar for straight up on upside but carries a bunch of risk.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Peterman can't close at this level.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mobey said:

He has purple on his veins until it takes effort, then he just sees the guaranteed green.

I have nothing to back this up, but I think it's true. Romar does not strike me as a grinder at all. He always gets the cop out of doogs saying he won't get his hands dirty, but I think laziness plays a big part.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

mobey said:

I have nothing to back this up, but I think it's true. Romar does not strike me as a grinder at all. He always gets the cop out of doogs saying he won't get his hands dirty, but I think laziness plays a big part.
    I don't think he was always lazy but he does feel content. Probably a little entitled and isn't as hungry.

It happens to everyone, even Petersen admitted it was starting to happen to him at Boise why he felt he had to LEAVE! to get that hunger again.

Even Greg Popovich had a brief lull in his career in 2009 and 2010(2011 collapsed in playoffs).

I do think it's best for both parties to move on. I wish there was a way for this to happen where it isn't awkward like Petersen leaving Boise. Unfortunately I think UW is going to have to fire Romar which is going to be sad and get the Doogs pissed off.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Kent is getting absolutely destroyed for mocking the kid who picked Oregon. At least the basketball people aren't all doogs.

Mods???
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Kent is getting absolutely destroyed for mocking the kid who picked Oregon. At least the basketball people aren't all doogs.

That's good to hear, I figured spadoFS and moosewhosails and OregonDawg would be krisvashoning all over the kid.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Romar's got a tenured position at the UW ...

I do disagree from the standpoint that I don't care who he gets "interest" from ... that's like the steak and sizzle argument. Great if you get the attention, but who do you sign and how do you perform on the court? Are you better off recruiting Option #1 and not getting him and instead having to get Option #5-7 or going after Option #2 or #3 and getting them while everybody else is swinging on Option #1?

The biggest problem I have with Romar is that I really don't see any kind of identity with the program. He used to have one. He doesn't now.
  • Options

Listen, Romar is fine.... He is a great coach.....

But, I am hearing some things about Peterman. Hearing he is a clone of Ty, not saying he is Ty, just that he is 100% like Ty. Now don't go twisting and saying I said Peterman is Ty, because I didn't. But what Peterman is doing is so like Ty it is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23kFiqFiOlA
  • Options
    I'll give that the court is far more tasteful than the Oregon mess ...

But it's also 100% unnecessary.

There's a part of me that thinks that these 2 toned courts (at least inside the 3 point line) is driven by helping out the officials as anything else.
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Sounds like the kid was being an idiot