Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mexico is taking over America

2»

Comments

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:

PurpleJ said:

We should be supporting Russia.
    MAGA!

Russia was awarded the tournament in 2010. Sounds like Obama colluded! Sad!
    Sounds like it. World Cup and G8!

Did you know most crimeans speak Russian?

MAGA!
    strange - I thought they would speak crimean...
    Crimean Tatars were crowded out by Russian and Ukrainian settlers after Russia annexed Crimea in 1783, then REAL Stalin had the rest deported. By the late Soviet period, ethnic Russians comprised about 70% of the population of Crimea (25% Ukrainian). Crimea had been part of the Russian Empire and then the RSFSR in the Soviet period, but then Krushchev "gave" Crimea to Ukraine in 1954 to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the Treaty of Pereyaslav (1654 agreement linking Ukrainian Cossack Hetmanate to Muscovy for protection against Poland-Lithuania and the Ottoman Crimeans). So Crimea had been Russian until 1954, and most Crimeans were and are ethnic Russians (Ukrainians seem to have been slowly leaving in the 20 years since the USSR breakup, and ethnic Crimeans seem to have been returning, but still comprise only about 15% of the population).

Crimea was hit hard by the Soviet breakup, since most of its economy was centered on intra-Soviet tourism and the Black Sea Fleet, and funding for both declined drastically after 1991. Still a strategic area, and the Russians wanted to maintain control of the Fleet, the division of which was a contentious issue for many years. There had been rumblings about going back to Russia since the early 1990s, when Ukraine's economy made Russia's look good, and the area's pensioners and fleet families felt they'd be treated better by Moscow than by Kiev. Not a good idea then, and not a good idea now; being the squeaky wheel in Ukraine meant attention and money from Kiev over the years, while being one of 89 oblasts in Russia means Crimea will have a harder time getting what it wants/needs from Moscow. Plus, over the years Ukraine has treated ethnic Russians well (at least no worse than it treats ethnic Ukrainians), a point that even Moscow was ready to admit/agree until maybe ten years ago.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Baphomet said:

Since they were here first, they aren't really taking it over as much as taking it back.

Kinda like the Israelis are doing.

I meant in a figurative sense. No one race owns America. We are a melting pot!

When I see this map, I see a divided nation! Not good!

Until we can put prejudice aside, we will never win the World Cup. Every civilized nation will continue to mock us. We have to learn to be accepting of all cultures and come together. Start by supporting your President and cheering for America. United we stand!
    I couldn't tell if this was @CirrhosisDawg doing a parody of J or just J.

FML
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,744
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

LebamDawg said:

PurpleJ said:

MAGA!

MAGA!
    Crimean Tatars were crowded out by Russian and Ukrainian settlers after Russia annexed Crimea in 1783, then REAL Stalin had the rest deported. By the late Soviet period, ethnic Russians comprised about 70% of the population of Crimea (25% Ukrainian). Crimea had been part of the Russian Empire and then the RSFSR in the Soviet period, but then Krushchev "gave" Crimea to Ukraine in 1954 to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the Treaty of Pereyaslav (1654 agreement linking Ukrainian Cossack Hetmanate to Muscovy for protection against Poland-Lithuania and the Ottoman Crimeans). So Crimea had been Russian until 1954, and most Crimeans were and are ethnic Russians (Ukrainians seem to have been slowly leaving in the 20 years since the USSR breakup, and ethnic Crimeans seem to have been returning, but still comprise only about 15% of the population).

Crimea was hit hard by the Soviet breakup, since most of its economy was centered on intra-Soviet tourism and the Black Sea Fleet, and funding for both declined drastically after 1991. Still a strategic area, and the Russians wanted to maintain control of the Fleet, the division of which was a contentious issue for many years. There had been rumblings about going back to Russia since the early 1990s, when Ukraine's economy made Russia's look good, and the area's pensioners and fleet families felt they'd be treated better by Moscow than by Kiev. Not a good idea then, and not a good idea now; being the squeaky wheel in Ukraine meant attention and money from Kiev over the years, while being one of 89 oblasts in Russia means Crimea will have a harder time getting what it wants/needs from Moscow. Plus, over the years Ukraine has treated ethnic Russians well (at least no worse than it treats ethnic Ukrainians), a point that even Moscow was ready to admit/agree until maybe ten years ago.
    Tartare sauce is based on either mayonnaise (egg yolk, mustard or vinegar, oil) or aioli (egg yolk, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice), with certain other ingredients added. In many places, cream of tartare is used. In the UK, recipes typically add to the base capers, gherkins, lemon juice, and dill. US recipes may include chopped pickles or prepared green sweet relish, capers, onions (or chives), and fresh parsley.[1] Chopped hard-boiled eggs or olives are sometimes added, as may be Dijon mustard and cocktail onions.[2] Paul Bocuse describes sauce tartare explicitly[3] as a sauce remoulade,[4] in which the characterising anchovy purée is to be substituted by some hot Dijon mustard.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,041
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:
    Not to worry, no flies were hurt in the filming of them stacking bodies.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,339
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:
    Why do you hate getting paid to troll butthurt US soccer fans?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,429
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:
    It was a divine celebration
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:
    I guess I didn't realize anyone GAF enough about USA soccer to get butthurt or trolled, but in that case, you do you Landon
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

dnc said:
    I guess I didn't realize anyone GAF enough about USA soccer to get butthurt or trolled, but in that case, you do you Landon
    Sounds like you need to get out more. Pac-12 pride!
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,600
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

dnc said:
    Disagree.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

dnc said:
    Disagree.
    WTGWT
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

LebamDawg said:

PurpleJ said:

MAGA!

MAGA!

I read it.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,730
    Baphomet said:

dnc said:

Baphomet said:

Since they were here first, they aren't really taking it over as much as taking it back.

Kinda like the Israelis are doing.

Here?
    To the lands where their ancestors lived. Israelis in Israeli, and Mexicans all over the Americas.
    Bullshit. Show me the Deeds.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,730
    LebamDawg said:

PurpleJ said:

MAGA!

MAGA!
    Is that really a place? I thought it only existed in the game of Risk.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seeing @TurdBuffer bite three times in a row is @puppylove_sugarsteel level retardation.