Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recrootin'

13»

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Aside from that DT, Oregon's "game-changing recruiting weekend" was quite the thud

you might be doogin' a bit

We? cristoballed 4 players over the weekend, a couple of four-star kids, and we're? on the verge of landing Jonah Tauanu'u

Oregon played its Spring game which also made a big impression on Tauanu'u.

"It was an amazing experience. It was good to see the development from last year under coach Cristobal. I got to talk to a lot of the other recruits and hang out with them. I talked to Logan and Andrew Faoliu, Keyon and Mase and Brandon Jones."

His mother also joined him on the visit and was equally impressed.

"My mom said it was an amazing trip. She said she had never been on a visit like that before."

At this point the nation's No. 61 ranked player said he has no other visits in mind.

"I'm still figuring out when I'm going to decide and what I want to do."

Tauanu'u said he could enroll early. He's still deciding on if he will enroll early or not.

Most of the kids Willie Lyles-Taggart got to commit at the big recrootin' events last year scattered when he decided to head home to Florida. I'm pretty pleased with Cristoballs' recrootin' prowess so far, especially on the OL.
    Doesn’t matter if you can recruit if you can’t coach
    Tell that to Urban Meyer.
    You mean winning multiple titles and being a contender every year?
    Yes, exactly. He's a good coach because of recruiting, not because he gets the most out of his talent.
    Hi. There is no such thing as a good coach who can only do one of those things at a high level. And even then, Urban still can develop players.

It’s FS to compare Urban to other coaches who actually just recruit and don’t develop (cough Clay Helton).
    I don't really disagree with any of that. Of course some of his position coaches can develop talent. He's a good CEO style coach and a great recruiter, which I consider part of that. Doesn't change the fact his team just doesn't show up to a lot of games, and how bad their offensive gameplan often is.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

In one fell swift he falls from tier 1 poster to tardcake. I'm sad.

Ballzdeep category.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

In one fell swift he falls from tier 1 poster to tardcake. I'm sad.

Ballzdeep category.
    Urban Meyer, bad coach : @NorwegianHusky :: Chris Warren, BIG BACK!!!! : @BallzDeep

NH, you are a great poster but c'mon man.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Urban beat Saban in the first playoffs

I also think that at Florida and now tOSu, Urban's players tend to do better in the NFL not that it matters but still

I thought about Urban for the fast strategy Rushmore but tOSU likes their home grown white boys
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meyer has a little Pete in him. His offense is dated and hasn’t been championship caliber since Herman left.

That said, Barrett couldn’t throw well and it could just be a QB mistake.

The smart money is on him winning another at some point. He’s elite.