Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Eason announces for draft in '19

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
My prediction. Will never suit up for the Dawgs.

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's your logic?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183

What's your logic?

I think he gets taken at least 4th round today if eligible just based on skill set and body.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He could probably be a 1st round pick if he plays for the Huskies in 2019 and is good as some here say he is.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    OP you click bait bastard
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Shoutout to Ed Oliver though for declaring for the '19 draft already, that dude is awesome
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

Last person to try that was Dorial Green-Beckham and it ended terribly for him, no longer in the league. And he played a position where his athletic potential was much more of a selling point than QB, where it's 75% mental at the pro level. Eason wouldn't get drafted until the late rounds and lose out on a lot of money if he did that.

DGB (that's what I like to call him) was a second round draft pick and had multiple years in the NFL. He's not in the league because he wasn't good, it has nothing to do with what happened in college. What a worthless fucking post.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Last person to try that was Dorial Green-Beckham and it ended terribly for him, no longer in the league. And he played a position where his athletic potential was much more of a selling point than QB, where it's 75% mental at the pro level. Eason wouldn't get drafted until the late rounds and lose out on a lot of money if he did that.

DGB (that's what I like to call him) was a second round draft pick and had multiple years in the NFL. He's not in the league because he wasn't good, it has nothing to do with what happened in college. What a worthless fucking post.
    My point was that by going straight to the draft after sitting a year, DGB was essentially getting drafted on potential, not an abundance of highly scrutinized film. And he was a bust. Thus NFL GM's are going to be much more cautious of future players making that leap, especially at position like QB where film is much more important than athletic ability when evaluating talent.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584

Could've stayed in Georgia banging hot, southern co-eds and done that. He only comes here to torture himself with ugly Chinese women because he wants to play.

Browning told him he was cleaning up
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

My point was that by going straight to the draft after sitting a year, DGB was essentially getting drafted on potential, not an abundance of highly scrutinized film. And he was a bust. Thus NFL GM's are going to be much more cautious of future players making that leap, especially at position like QB where film is much more important than athletic ability when evaluating talent.
    That is the same line of illogical thinking that said Peterman would stink because of Dan Hawkins and Dirk Koetter. One has nothing to do with the other.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

That is the same line of illogical thinking that said Peterman would stink because of Dan Hawkins and Dirk Koetter. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Wrong. It was very logical.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    How many posts and no Matt Cassel discussion yet?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I think it is more than even money he goes pro after one year playing for us (esp if we have a good season), but no chance he goes pro before.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2018
    HuskyJW said:

My prediction. Will never suit up for the Dawgs.

Idiot. 100% not likely