Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We? are a success story

2»

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I was on a plane this morning where the baby next to me pissed on the fucking floor and the ammonia burned my fucking eyes so have some sympathy for your fellow human you piece of shit.

I glared pretty god damn hard at that fucking little fag, too.

I have two kids 2 and under who have chickenpox........
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018

I was on a plane this morning where the baby next to me pissed on the fucking floor and the ammonia burned my fucking eyes so have some sympathy for your fellow human you piece of shit.

I glared pretty god damn hard at that fucking little fag, too.

I have two kids 2 and under who have chickenpox........
    There’s your problem.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018

Some fucking success. The only position we needed someone at desperately we literally got no one.

And we didn’t take a scholarship kicker even though a kicker lost us 2 games last year.

Super duper.

We desperately needed interior D linemen, a quarterback, receivers, and defensive backs, and we fucking cleaned up at those spots. We whiffed on rush ends, and that blows, but our defense has been the best in the conference for two years now with lifeless corpses at that spot, and we've done alright.
    That’s not getting it done when competing against the best teams. Yeah we win in pac-12, but we getting our asses handed to us when playing top10 teams.
    This is true but it's also incredibly incomplete. Our? biggest issue against elite teams has been QB by far and we got the best QB class in the nation. OL and WR are right up there with BUCK as aecindary issues against elite teams and we killed it at those positions as well.

We had four major issues against elite teams and addressed the hell out of three of them including by far the biggest one.

Sucking at buck sucks but this class is good enough to overcome that.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,464
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Some fucking success. The only position we needed someone at desperately we literally got no one.

And we didn’t take a scholarship kicker even though a kicker lost us 2 games last year.

Super duper.

I’m not pressing I’m despondent.

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE.

You were joyously masturbating on the last pod, and now you’re ready to kill yourself even though nothing has changed?

Looks like I can’t handle the ups and downs of Dennis handling the ups and downs of recruiting.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Super duper.

We desperately needed interior D linemen, a quarterback, receivers, and defensive backs, and we fucking cleaned up at those spots. We whiffed on rush ends, and that blows, but our defense has been the best in the conference for two years now with lifeless corpses at that spot, and we've done alright.
    That’s not getting it done when competing against the best teams. Yeah we win in pac-12, but we getting our asses handed to us when playing top10 teams.
    This is true but it's also incredibly incomplete. Our? biggest issue against elite teams has been QB by far and we got the best QB class in the nation. OL and WR are right up there with BUCK as aecindary issues against elite teams and we killed it at those positions as well.

We had four major issues against elite teams and addressed the hell out of three of them including by far the biggest one.

I agree, but this defense can be so much more dynamic if we had a buck that had a pulse
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

Super duper.

This is so true. The one consistent theme in the few games the Huskies have lost over the last two seasons has been a total power outage on offense for at least a half, if not the full game.

Smiff is gone and we! only have to suffer through one more season of our fragile game manager.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Super duper.

We're getting our asses handed to us because our quarterback sucks. An edge pass rush is a luxury we don't have right now, but our limp dick QB is a bonafide deficiency.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Super duper.

I don't live or die by star ratings by any means, and I actually like our OL class quite a bit, but saying we killed it is a bit of an overstatement. We could still do a lot better.

Ohio State killed it. Pedo State, as much as it pains me to say, killed it. Georgia killed it, resurrected it, then killed it four more times.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

you know it's time to sell when even Race Bannon is poasting on the recruiting bored.

I believe it is time to bump this.

anyone buy put options on our program besides me?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:

Meek said:

you know it's time to sell when even Race Bannon is poasting on the recruiting bored.

I believe it is time to bump this.

anyone buy put options on our program besides me?
    No, already went all in on TSLA puts.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

dnc said:

Super duper.

I don't live or die by star ratings by any means, and I actually like our OL class quite a bit, but saying we killed it is a bit of an overstatement. We could still do a lot better.

Ohio State killed it. Pedo State, as much as it pains me to say, killed it. Georgia killed it, resurrected it, then killed it four more times.
    I would take our class over SanduskyU and Ohio St. Osborne Lowe Gordon and Curne are underranked.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

dnc said:

Super duper.

We killed it for where we are at right now. It can get better and will as long as the wins keep piling on. Comparatively to the elite teams we did ok but we aren't OSU, Georgia, or PSU yet. We have had some decent success with the benefit of a weaker conference. Pete gets it and is trying to improve every year on some glaring weaknesses.

It will take a few more years of consistent play to compete with OL/DL classes that of the Georgia, Bama, OSU with all the big hosses that are out in the midwest/southeast (especially the southeast). It's slowly building but it will get there.
    I would say there is a good chance the UW's class is undervalued by the recruiting rankings, based on Petersen's history, while there is virtually zero chance Ohio State's and the other top classes are. That doesn't mean that UW's is just as good. Highly likely that it isn't. But between Petersen's evaluation skill and the development program he has in place, there is a decent chance the gap is smaller than it appears.

We? are a quick twitch edge rusher per class and a top flight RB away from being right there though.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Super duper.

We killed it for where we are at right now. It can get better and will as long as the wins keep piling on. Comparatively to the elite teams we did ok but we aren't OSU, Georgia, or PSU yet. We have had some decent success with the benefit of a weaker conference. Pete gets it and is trying to improve every year on some glaring weaknesses.

It will take a few more years of consistent play to compete with OL/DL classes that of the Georgia, Bama, OSU with all the big hosses that are out in the midwest/southeast (especially the southeast). It's slowly building but it will get there.
    I would say there is a good chance the UW's class is undervalued by the recruiting rankings, based on Petersen's history, while there is virtually zero chance Ohio State's and the other top classes are. That doesn't mean that UW's is just as good. Highly likely that it isn't. But between Petersen's evaluation skill and the development program he has in place, there is a decent chance the gap is smaller than it appears.

We? are a quick twitch edge rusher per class and a top flight RB away from being right there though.
    I think Lowe is as good or better than the SanduskyU and Ohio State RB recruits
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We still have a fractured system. The last pieces are mainly being edge talent and the kicking game and a few secondary players and online to plug.
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Super duper.

And a consistent kicking team/special teams player ... with Pettis leaving we forget that by teams kicking away from him it took some aggression from their play. Like Deion Sanders taking away half of the field - although perhaps a little less dramatic but still important.

Leaving points on the board is critical though. Field goals, pats and kickoffs ...