Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW "building best WR corps in nation!"

13»

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I'm a duck fan that wants UW to be good so it means something when we beat them. I think a good rivalry is good for us, and that the Beevs are not good rivals for us, but UW would be if they were good again.

It should bug you that UO is pulling in good OL prospects while 7 win Steve is grabbing more WRs that won't develop.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    In regards to the 2014 schedule it really is a complete joke. 4-0 is almost a given. Then in conference you get Cal, UA, WSU & Colorado on the road. You could go 3-1 there, and at home UCLA will be the toughest game (Stanford, ASU lose a lot of seniors this year). If this team is actually improved it should go at the very least 10-3 next year and probably 11-2 to be honest. It could go 5-4 in conference next year and be 10-4 which is equivelant to 7-8 wins in a normal season.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    AZDuck said:

It should bug you that UO is pulling in good OL prospects while 7 win Steve is grabbing more WRs that won't develop.

Now this I can agree with.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

I'm a duck fan that wants UW to be good so it means something when we beat them. I think a good rivalry is good for us, and that the Beevs are not good rivals for us, but UW would be if they were good again.

When it comes to complaining about the quality of rivals, you sound like a Dawgfan in the 1980's when our rivals were suppose to be ducks and coogs who then along with the Beavs were the very lowest species of west coast major college football, true slugs of The Game. By then, I had been a season ticket buying Dawgfan for over 20 years and can attest that our real rivals were Trojans, Bruins, Sun Devils, Bears sometimes, and even occasionally Indian hugging trees. Ducks, coogs, and Beavs were never our rivals during Husky glory days and now you must understand why that was. You need to get out of the Pacific Northwest to find new rivals worthy of chromed duck.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

AZDuck said:

The 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on Oregon's 2013 commit list say hey.

WOW! Another post from you like this! oregon had 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on the 2013 class? That is so awesome.

Please keep posting messages on here about the great things oregon (white trash u) is doing, as long as it makes you feel better about yourself and more secure. That's what we're here for.

Hello PassionDoog.

AZDuck's point was that there are OL recruits out there to be had, UW just isn't getting them.

HTH
    Yah...right...that was his point. He could've posted a link to the 2013 recruiting classes of any number of different schools that signed better OLs that UW. Instead he focused on oregon, and yet you're gullible enough to think there was no subtle jab being taken.

And regarding doucheman.com, one of their many stupid policies is that they've come down on Husky Fans that don't take kindly to oregon fans posting thinly veiled insults on doucheman message boards. They say that it's "rude" and they "won't tolerate it." But hey, if you and kim want to be chummy with trash fans that take swipes, that's your business.
    Stop being such a fucking Doog already. He used Oregon as an example for three reasons:
    1. He's a Duck fan.
    2. Same geographical area, so that excuse goes away.
    3. Washington used to be Oregon's rival.

As for Doogman, they've openly encouraged insults to Ducks for years. Does the name Chipocrit ring a bell?

Stop being so blind. His 3 reasons

1. Of course he used oregon because he's a duck fan. That's my point. He did it to have a nah nah nah nah nah moment. If he wanted to be balanced, he could've said, talked about the OLs at another school, or said "oregon's done better with OLs, but Washington has recruited better overall WR classes." WRs was the headline of my original post. But Heaven forbid he be at all self-deprecating.

2. Geographical area thing is BS. We compete against the california schools just as much as we compete against oregon. In fact, an argument can be made that UW's and oregon's systems are so different that we actually compete MORE against cal than oregon.

3. Your third point makes no sense. We have always been rivals with wazzu, usc, and yes, oregon. What does that matter?

And doucheman has not encouraged insults to ducks. Are you even aware that fetters used to do work (perhaps he still does) for educk.com? If you want to hold hands with azduck, that's your business. I've been to autzen stadium (the trash can as I call it, because it contains the trash), and the people there are rude & vile. Not a single oregon fans sticks up for visitors when they're being abused by the locals.
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

AZDuck said:

The 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on Oregon's 2013 commit list say hey.

WOW! Another post from you like this! oregon had 3 4-star OLs and 1 3-star OL on the 2013 class? That is so awesome.

Please keep posting messages on here about the great things oregon (white trash u) is doing, as long as it makes you feel better about yourself and more secure. That's what we're here for.

Hello PassionDoog.

AZDuck's point was that there are OL recruits out there to be had, UW just isn't getting them.

HTH
    Yah...right...that was his point. He could've posted a link to the 2013 recruiting classes of any number of different schools that signed better OLs that UW. Instead he focused on oregon, and yet you're gullible enough to think there was no subtle jab being taken.

And regarding doucheman.com, one of their many stupid policies is that they've come down on Husky Fans that don't take kindly to oregon fans posting thinly veiled insults on doucheman message boards. They say that it's "rude" and they "won't tolerate it." But hey, if you and kim want to be chummy with trash fans that take swipes, that's your business.
    Stop being such a fucking Doog already. He used Oregon as an example for three reasons:
    1. He's a Duck fan.
    2. Same geographical area, so that excuse goes away.
    3. Washington used to be Oregon's rival.

As for Doogman, they've openly encouraged insults to Ducks for years. Does the name Chipocrit ring a bell?

Stop being so blind. His 3 reasons

1. Of course he used oregon because he's a duck fan. That's my point. He did it to have a nah nah nah nah nah moment. If he wanted to be balanced, he could've said, talked about the OLs at another school, or said "oregon's done better with OLs, but Washington has recruited better overall WR classes." WRs was the headline of my original post. But Heaven forbid he be at all self-deprecating.

2. Geographical area thing is BS. We compete against the california schools just as much as we compete against oregon. In fact, an argument can be made that UW's and oregon's systems are so different that we actually compete MORE against cal than oregon.

3. Your third point makes no sense. We have always been rivals with wazzu, usc, and yes, oregon. What does that matter?

And doucheman has not encouraged insults to ducks. Are you even aware that fetters used to do work (perhaps he still does) for educk.com? If you want to hold hands with azduck, that's your business. I've been to autzen stadium (the trash can as I call it, because it contains the trash), and the people there are rude & vile. Not a single oregon fans sticks up for visitors when they're being abused by the locals.
    Sounds like somebody needs a participation badge
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Bingo.

Sark is trying to take Neuheisel's recruiting play book: Recruit 6 WRs each year and then everything will be fine.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Everything about Oregon bugs me, but I'm intelligent enough to realize Washington needs to do better and be smarter.

The HHB thing to do is to play down the Or rivalry and laugh at Doogs who get into it, but I would love to see Oregon suffer like they did in the 70s and 80s.

You seem like a good poster but after seeing how many of your Duck brethren act over the past ten or fifteen years, I was hoping Kim's stupid prediction was right.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

AZDuck said:

Everything about Oregon bugs me, but I'm intelligent enough to realize Washington needs to do better and be smarter.

The HHB thing to do is to play down the Or rivalry and laugh at Doogs who get into it, but I would love to see Oregon suffer like they did in the 70s and 80s.

You seem like a good poster but after seeing how many of your Duck brethren act over the past ten or fifteen years, I was hoping Kim's stupid prediction was right.
    What is really different between Duck fans today and Husky fans of the 80's and early 90's?

Outside of the neon spandex, Zach Morris haircuts, and jean jackets of course
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    "Who needs O-Line?"

-Screen Pass Steve
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

AZDuck said:

What is really different between Duck fans today and Husky fans of the 80's and early 90's?

Outside of the neon spandex, Zach Morris haircuts, and jean jackets of course
    The Internet.

WASHINGTON (I miss you, dammit) might have had it's share of matmik's, but they didn't speak to the masses.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

AZDuck said:

You know what I would like to see? I'd like to see Washington get better.

We downplay the rivalry because it's not even a rivalry now. In a rivalry, both sides are competitive with one another.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

AZDuck said:

I didn't want Oregon to get penalties just so Kim can be wrong.