Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Report: Hawks now Favorite for Bennett

Comments

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is kim reporting for the bears now?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Interesting. Any numbers being thrown around?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    BradBiggs: One source says #Bears offering $8.5 million per year for Michael Bennett and #Seahawks at $8 million annually. That is word around league.

I have no idea who Brad Biggs is.
  • Options
    If they can get him for $8 per that's a great deal. I'm shocked he's not getting offered more than $8.5. If those numbers are accurate, I bet more teams will step in.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    DE Michael Bennett strikes deal with Seahawks. Four years. Terms coming.

And now, as ProFootballTalk reported, Seattle's deal with DE Michael Bennett is done. Expect it to be four years, about $34 million.

That's an ideal contract, pretty surprising he was signed for a bit over $8 million a year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice! Let Tate go now unless you can get him for really cheap. There are lots of good WR's out there that can probably be had for bargains.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    the report earlier was 4 years 32 million, considering the rising of the cap over the next few years I think that's about right
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    correction: Schefter expects it to be 4 years 34 million, expect half of it to be guaranteed
  • Options

DE Michael Bennett strikes deal with Seahawks. Four years. Terms coming.

And now, as ProFootballTalk reported, Seattle's deal with DE Michael Bennett is done. Expect it to be four years, about $34 million.

That's an ideal contract, pretty surprising he was signed for a bit over $8 million a year.

Very surprised. In the end, he wanted to win. Good for him.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Maybe the market attributed some of his success to the strength of the Hawks pass defense. Maybe thats why he was offered $8.5M by the Bears and not $10M. Maybe if he was offered $10M by someone and only $7M by the Hawks he would have gone. But if the difference was only $1M, no chance he'd leave.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No idea why people dont want to keep Tate. He is great for the team, too many people loom at the raw WR numbers.

I agree if some team is going to pay him a shitload of money let him walk... but if you can keep him at a decent price they should.
  • Options
    at 8/8.5 I'm perfectly fine with this. Fine price. Clemons is going to be gone with a few hours
    We also need to bring back McDonald and Tate.
  • Options
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/bennett-turned-down-more-money-from-two-other-teams/
    Bennett took less? If florio is correct (which he never is) 7.125 is a bargain.
    I'd imagine that would include a hefty signing bonus from Paul allen
  • Options
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m

#Seahawks DE Michael Bennett’s contract: 4 years for $28.5M with $10M coming in 2014. $16M over 2 years, $21M over 3. $16M guaranteed.

holy cow, what a steal!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

at 8/8.5 I'm perfectly fine with this. Fine price. Clemons is going to be gone with a few hours
    We also need to bring back McDonald and Tate.

Yea if they can lock up Tate and McDonald then already another successful off season for PC and JS. I expect another Super Bowl next season.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m

#Seahawks DE Michael Bennett’s contract: 4 years for $28.5M with $10M coming in 2014. $16M over 2 years, $21M over 3. $16M guaranteed.

holy cow, what a steal!

Wow that's crazy, that is a great bargain.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Looks like he did take less. Good on him.
  • Options
    He's making a fortune his first year. Front loading contracts is something the Patriots used to do years ago and it was a huge success for them. It seems like most teams back load their contracts now and then end up in cap hell (see Jerry Jones).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice! Let Tate go now unless you can get him for really cheap. There are lots of good WR's out there that can probably be had for bargains.

No idea why people dont want to keep Tate. He is great for the team, too many people loom at the raw WR numbers.

I agree if some team is going to pay him a shitload of money let him walk... but if you can keep him at a decent price they should.

I think he's expendable and not a guy you want long term money tied up to. Harvin should play more than one game this year. There are guys with injury concerns/character issues that can probably be had for cheaper than Tate and might even give us better production. Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, Santonio Holmes, Kenny Britt, Jacoby Jones, Nate Burleson. Nicks and James Jones probably get comparable contracts to Tate, and may not be logical, but the other guys can probably be had for slightly more than the minimum. Sign one of those guys and draft a WR in the first few rounds. You save money and possibly get more talented at the same time.

Use the money saved to find a new guard or a right tackle. That way you can go into the draft and pick the best player available in the first two rounds instead of possibly reaching to fill a need.
  • Options
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24476911/agents-take-calculating-2014-nfl-free-agent-target-prices
    this is from the perspective of a former agent, says Tate gets 7.
    If tate gets more than 3 years 16 or so I don't think I'm doing it