Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I enjoyed this, you might too. Paul McCartney with James Corden, Carpool Karaoke & some interviewing

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched until I hit my cutesy Paul cheese ball threshold and had to turn it off. I love Paul and there's no bigger Beatles fan here than me (F.O. @Dennis_DeYoung ) but he drives me fucking nuts.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I watched until I hit my cutesy Paul cheese ball threshold and had to turn it off. I love Paul and there's no bigger Beatles fan here than me (F.O. @Dennis_DeYoung ) but he drives me fucking nuts.

You gotta do the whole 23 minutes. Can you imagine the giant shit you'd lay if you're sitting in a pub somewhere and a legend shows up out of nowhere and throws a gig? I've read stories about the Stones doing this kind of thing. I would just end my life, right there because the Utah natty ain't coming.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been to a Paul McCartney concert at a festival and it was possibly the most boring concert I've ever been to.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've been to a Paul McCartney concert at a festival and it was possibly the most boring concert I've ever been to.

I'd be bored out of my mind too and I love Paul McCartney. Old rock stars way past their Prime gives old man music a bad name.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I just can't stand that fat little fruit James Corden enough to even attempt to watch this
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gotta disagree with YellowSnow and RoadDawg55. I've seen McCartney twice and saying it was outstanding is an understatement. Hard for me to put to words how incredible it was.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

gotta disagree with YellowSnow and RoadDawg55. I've seen McCartney twice and saying it was outstanding is an understatement. Hard for me to put to words how incredible it was.

89Ute Iron Law. All old guy rockers are incredible live.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

he's the one Beatle I've never liked. a huge combo of cheesiness and arrogance. but i appreciate greatly what he contributed to
  • Options
    doublebraiddawgdoublebraiddawg Member Posts: 42
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I'd be bored out of my mind too and I love Paul McCartney. Old rock stars way past their Prime gives old man music a bad name.
    Heroin addict jazzers and alcoholic bluesman improve right up to their passing...

Old rockers creep me out...pay $350 for tickets to watch a corporate product sing about defiance and rebellion...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

he's the one Beatle I've never liked. a huge combo of cheesiness and arrogance. but i appreciate greatly what he contributed to
    The majority of Paul's songwriting up until 1970 was flawless, even the cutesey shit. The early solo work up until 1973 is generally good. When I watched him sing Hey Jude at the 2012 Olympics I wanted to kill myself.